We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
ICU
That's what they told in our uni grads
Itβs an okay place to start your career. Some partners are amazing but, most are mediocre at best.
Thereβs definitely a pay disparity but, from what I hear, they are trying to fix that.
Pros
- They deal with many small clients.
Cons
- Work env is toxic
Although I donβt regret my 3 years with the firm, I could have done much better.
- Whilst you are working with the Funds team, you will have an offer from almost every competing firm at all times. However, attrition is still almost NIL or lowest in the funds legal field. The work life balance is better than you will find in any other team.
- The firm deals with the largest players and MNCs in the asset management and funds space. Started small but became the leader in terms of volumes handled as well as size of the clients very quickly. Speak to anybody in the fraternity and one will get the confirmation on what I just said above without an iota of doubt.
- The pay scales in the funds team today are better than any other Tier 1 firm. Check with any headhunter and one will get the answer.
So whilst I had to leave, but check/talk on the above with anybody working there or a headhunter and the facts will be crystal clear. Seems someone is on a mission to downvote every fact here or upvote every false but unfortunately doesn't change the reality and I am glad I started my career and had a good time there.