Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Hey , I've just been graduated (got my last sem result yesterday) . I'm sending mails to every tier 1,2,3 law firm to hire me as an associate or trainee and got rejection mails from almost all of them .

Unemployment fear is kinda killing me tbh .
Could you guys please suggest what should I do

I've got like 7-8 cgpa in my BaLLB course and done 4-6 internships .

Please suggest anything whatsoever.
I am going to let you (and the rest of LI) in on a secret. I was in a similarly precarious situation a few months ago, and you know what worked for me?

Apollo.io

1. Go to Apollo.io, get their premium plan (for 14 days its free, then you can renew it by providing new email address).
2. Put filter in (eg Delhi, Law, or Delhi, Law practice).

Voila, you have thousands of results at your disposal now. Now what should be done?

3. Get an excel sheet.
4. Input name of the firm, in second column, the email/portal, in third notes (relating to practice area) in fourth, add the response
5. Now go to every law firm/law office one by one. Conduct due diligence, see their practice area, customize the cover letter and send the application away.

You will have thousands of law offices to choose from (As in where to apply). Keep applying.
Keep a track of ALL the applications that you send out.

Sooner or later you WILL get a callback. The trick is to not get disheartened. Start with Tier 1/2 and move on to next tiers when things do not work out.

2-3 years in tier 3/4 will easily make your eligible for tier 1/2 (through recruiters or contacts).

10-20,000 are nothing in long run, for 1-2 years, try to learn as much as you can and Tier 3-4 firms can teach you just as much as T1 or T2.

Dont lose heart. Keep applying.

Himmat e marda, madad e khuda
Hey were you applying to HR personal emails or SA's or PA's or even Partners ?
Talking to HR itself worked, or else my point of attack was as follows (atleast in my head)

1. Go proper route (uploading CV and all)
2. If 1. doesnt work, then email HR
3. If 2. doesnt work then email HR head personally.
4. If 3. doesnt work then email the partner (of the team that you are looking to work in, not mindlessly).

Luckily i didnt have to go past step 1.

There are always steps to take.
Hey, if you don't mind could you share an anonymous email or any contact so that I had could ask few more queries I had. This would be extremely helpful. Going through an extremely anxious and tense period.
I do not know how we can get in touch, I know that my colleagues regularly browse LI, so I am not sure if I want to dox myself here, maybe share a burner email (that cant be traced back to you) and the moderation team would be kind enough to let it slide?

Bhai/Behen do not worry, ye anxiety kuch nahi hai, sab thik hoga. Tum itni English bol lete ho/padh lete ho, bhooke nahi soge, you will get something (this is not me being elitist but if you can speak/write half decent English, Law Firm is no rocket science). Baaki kaam seekh loge.