We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
It's a cheesy headline with a an even cheesier question, but do you have the answer for it?
A. Managing Name Partner
B. Supreme Court Judge
C. International Court of Justice Judge
D. Hotshot Litigator
E. Magic Circle Partner
F. Famous Academician
E. Whatever else which is left out
Or the answer to it is just a peaceful life in a small town with a decent home where you can tend to the requests of your beloved family?
The competition and money surely gives us the adrenaline rush in the initial phase of things but it runs out. I don't feel like earning 1 Crore an year in a place like Mumbai which can't even fetch me a home half as good as I got back in my hometown, and if I think about it in an introspective way I seem to believe that it's not worth the hassle.
How do you see yourself in next 10 years? What are your goals/aspirations? When you think of it, does it make you feel that you could live your life in a more purposeful or better way?
PS:I've previously read about people planning to retire after having a certain amount but I've never encountered a person who has voluntarily left the profession after attaining that amount, so I don't think that's the answer I'm expecting to resolve my query.
For context: I have very recently cleared CLAT, I didn't want to reveal that because I believe then the audience wouldn't have addressed this with the requisite attention I'm hoping to be addressed with. But I did reveal it just to let the fellow readership know that your response would most definitely play role in structuring my idea of what I want to be.
Thank you.
(LI Mods please let this one slide in, and remove this which is included in the parentheses)
But for someone who has absolutely zero connections in this field, it is quite a task to be a Delhi HC Judge. It is a gamble for someone like me, if things doesn't work out well, I'll be transferred to a subpar HC with inadequate facilities like former CJ of Tripura (Akil Kureshi).