Read 54 comments as:
Filter By
Just go for it and stay abroad, even in a crap job if necessary. Better than working in India: den of corruption, nepotism, vote bank politics and mediocracy.
Easier said than done.
Unless pay is 2x-3x minimum from India pay, difficult to stay there
I pity people like you. Inferiority complex.
You have a career here, dont think about abroad. Abroad is fine for vacations
You pity people? Okay. Do you ever also provide reasons for your conclusions to those pitiful people?
What about NUS?
Does it open up singapore opportunities for international arb
Never seen a more misguided post. You clearly have an inferiority complex. India is more than worth it.

I hope you reconsider. Just continue working here.
Bro the guy just meant there's no point doing an LLM for vanity and he/she ties it up to whether more opportunities get opened up. What's the complex here
Someone give Mister Easy a refresher on interpretation of statutes
Apply directly when intake opens (it's typically open for both graduates as well as students) + leverage alumni network to follow up on your application if possible.
Alumni T1 india mein dila nahi paa rhe magic circle mein bada dila denge
yes, you are correct, however, UK firms would encourage anyone with 3+ yrs of Indian T1 exp to take the lateral route (depends a bit on practice area though) rather than the TC route
What are options available in international arbitration? Is there any way to shift laterally from India to a foreign country, or is an LLM necessary?
I think its nearly impossible. I can't say I know anyone who has done this.
Absolutely not worth it. The llm degree is frowned upon by US employers. If one truly wants to work in the US you need a JD. better to consider other countries where visa requirements are easier.
You should go if you have full clarity about what you want and are driven to get to that point.

One year isn't a long time and you need to have a game plan.

Don't make it up as you go along. That is how you end up with an outcome you aren't happy with.
agreed. the opportunity cost of doing an LLM is huge. 1 year and lots of money. go in with clarity
Go for it, and aim for law firm job they give starting salary of 100,000 dollars a year, you will comfortably pay back the loan. And life in USA, London, is a whole another level
An LLM from a US law school doesn't make getting a law firm job there easy by any means, just a word of caution.
not any US law school, its Columbia, you will atleast get a tier 2 lawfirm
After a Columbia LLM, and then say getting hired by a US law firm, which visa do you get on? H1-B? If yes, that’s a lottery every year with chances of getting rejected! What then? Deport self?
I know a T1 NLU-Harvard LLM grad who got into a law firm, and is facing visa troubles. Ideally, instead of H1B, you can consider applying for the O-1 visa.