Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
Congratulations and best of luck. But please be sure to warn her to not get lured by the fancy lifestyle of the kids at Jindal. Jindal is a very good college, but only if you are sincere.
Hope she has not joined yet .The best way to appear for Clat again if she missed this time a good seat because she could not prepare well .Other options will also be available next year. I
Hello all, I want to Thank everyone for sharing their insights. We have finally chosen JGLS and secured a seat. I hope all goes well, as we look back sometime in future. Thanks again!!!
No law school in India other than NLSIU has a rigorous first semester any more. Even NLSIU only has it because of their trimester system and not because of any inherent quality adherence.
Placement within top 5? When it hasn't ever placed more than 10% of its full batch in the last decade? What are you smoking? And stop calling your faculty the best. There are some good ones but plenty of bad apples too whom everyone in their circle know as such.
Thank you so much for putting this together. Surely, will let this group know how things shape up in next few days!!!
I guess NUALS has created the NRI Sponsored Quota (they do not have NRI, only NRI Sponsored) for the benefit of those students whose father/mother is working in the Middle East and the ward studying in Kerala.
NRI admissions at NUALS Kochi are closed. They closed the admissions even before CLAT s they admitted students direct without CLAT scores (NRI sponsored).
Hello Aunty. I suggest you admit your daughter to JGLS. It's the best option for her. The faculty and infra are the best among all Indian law schools placement are now easily within the top 5 law schools.
Thanks much. I completely agree and will let her make the final decision
Thanks again. And I did try out their website but the things are not clear at all on how to proceed further. I wanted to try to fill for NRI sponsored case there but the portal doesn't make it clear. Let me know if you can help in putting down the process
Thank you. I was thinking of she getting admission via CUET in the course of her choice and then appearing for CLAT again in Dec. However, the decision lies with her as she needs to be committed to the career rather than me keep pushing for it....
Not sure on the assumption made....but thanks again for a succinct reply!!
Gap year does not make any difference. Should reappear with full prep.

Is there a Plan B in case she does not get into a decent law school?
You seem to be well off. So, admit her in Jindal and ask her to prepare for CLAT in parallel.