Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I have a genuine question regarding vacancy. Does NUJS publish an end rank upto where they are willing to take general category students? The reason I'm asking this is because last year, NALSAR did (they ended at 170, released vacancy till AIR 200) but no other college (from my search on the internet) had a similar limit.

Also, around what rank do vacancies stop at generally?

A humble request to the mods to publish this question.
No, and it is a very disturbing practice too if NALSAR does it. It would also be against CLAT norms. If there is a vacant seat and you have qualified CLAT, then you should be eligible to get it unless someone with a higher rank has applied for it.
Yes, they do usually release a vacancies form. The vacancies rank changes usually, but it was around 250 in my year
Yes, they obviously do. All the NLUs do. Vacancies happen in most categories - not just general - and ALL of them are notified via circulars.
@3 and 4: OP did not ask about vacancies form, they are referring to some weird practice of one of the NLUs (NALSAR) actually declaring that they won't take any gen category student below a certain rank. I doubt it is allowed under law to do that.