Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
I am in the 4th year of my no-name law school. Should I prepare for CLAT 2023? Age is not a factor, I have to come to know now, so is it worth it?
We would suggest probably not - finish your degree, qualify, get some work experience and maybe consider a second degree or LLM in a related or useful subject? Those 5 years in the field or perspective will be more valuable than another undergraduate degree, though money does not seem like an issue for you so much...
You can instead work up to a T1 firm from a t2 or even a t3 over 5 years. That’s a lot of time buddy
Try to get the Bar registration quickly after graduation and crack CLAT-LLM for a seat in NLSIU
Why? Score some internships and write a little bit. Build up CV - get into a decent firm and work your way to your dream job. There are scores of NLU grads who don’t make it to top firms etc. have some faith- things will work out !
Get the best rank possible in your current place and apply for a masters abroad.
Agree with 1.1. Except there is no need for LLM, just join a decent practice. Tier 2 or Tier 3 law office would do as well. Try to rise up the ladder. I know many lawyers who have joined t1 after decent t2 or t3 stint.
If you get top 3 colleges, you can switch. Good college = good placement.
DO NOT!! Age is not a factor, true. But why take the setback when you're already this far along? Any shortfalls you think you may have because you come from a 'no-name college' can be more than made up for with work ex. And you still have two years of law school ahead of you. Intern well and you might just get lucky!

Remember, four years of work ex>>>four years in top law school. Many people start their careers in T3/T4 law firms that pay peanuts and then transition to T1 firms in 2-3 years. Even financially, it's better to earn for four years, however little, than to pay 1.5L every year as fees.
I mostly agree with this.

However, in the long run, it is always financially better to start earning as high as possible. It'll be difficult to watch your juniors who have just graduated make more money than you have been for the past three years of working.

Future employers will pay you based on your previous salary. If that is peanuts, you'll only get a bump on that unless you manage to escape this cycle.

Speak from experience.
Does previous CTC matters while transitioning from T4 firms to T2/T1 after a year.
@1.5
please guide about making shift from t4/t5 to t1. I mean, can you tell names of t4/t5 ? I have been in litigation and have not read anything about corporate law. So, how do I even get into t4 and t5? (my practice area would be GCA or M&A)
Imagine going through the first 3 years of law school AGAIN?!! Why would you voluntarily put yourself through that. Sorry to be harsh but if you haven't cleared CLAT the first 4 times, maybe it's a sign that you shouldn't be giving it again