Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
How does one politely decline an internship or a job offer owing to new avenues opening up?
Has happened to me in the past where I was offered an extended assessment internship at a firm when I already had another internship planned for next month, so I had to lie to the other firm and give them a BS reason for not being able to join.
Was wondering if there are better ways to tackle this?
I agree. Just lie and state personal reasons preventing you from going. There will be plenty of others who will take their place and life will go on.
Bump! What if I have accepted an internship but later get an offer from a much better place? I want to reject the internship offer after accepting it. How can I do the same?
Been there done that. I rejected the offer stating that shifting to another city for a month would become too costly given the financial situation of my family - which was kinda true at that time.
+1, did the same thing. Was a great opportunity but shifting wasn't what I wanted to do.
but why did you accept the offer? You must have already known that u had to shift.
Bump. I have a standing internship offer for the month of March but now I have got acceptance from a better place. What is a good excuse to reject the previous offer?