Read 38 comments as:
Filter By
I know an NLU alum whose child went abroad to study law despite cracking CLAT (top 6 NLU) and AILET.
Parents bhi nepo and privileged

Bachche bhi nepo and privileged

Both will go for law.
NLS alum here. The living conditions in (Men's) hostels are quite fine. If you want to make them swanky and plush, it costs money that can be better spent elsewhere. This is among the more entitled excuses that I've heard.
Please feel free to aspire to Jindal. After all, you didn't earn the money, so why hesitate to squander it? If the washrooms are that bad, why not ask the alum VC to get those cleaned up? Or is all your activism limited to pride parades?
You are right. It is very difficult having to live without any pollution.
If they make it to Law School, I will advice that. Ivy/Oxbridge can wait for masters.
What other insights you have? When NLS grad walks into a compound do KJo movies music play in the background? Do background dancers suddenly appear and start dancing? Do people chant their name so loud that the earth shakes a la Bahubali?
WhatsApp university ke psuedo nationalist ko kaise samjhaoge. Unless you convert everything into a binary for them they will not follow. Let it be.
You have no idea about what you are saying. You are probably one of those people who grew up watching DDLJ and thought abroad looks beautiful. Life abroad is not better than India, at all.
Explain economics to uncle about how even the poor in this country benefit from the foreign remittance by the NRIs. Not as much as they should, but still some.
Explain economics to uncle about how even the poor in this country benefit from the foreign remittance by the NRIs. Not as much as they should, but still some.
I would say go for NLSIU over any foreign university except Oxbridge and Ivy Leagues. Law firms around the world know about NLSIU and are in awe of NLSIU grads. Any Magic Circle firm will pick an NLSIU grad over a Warwick or Manchester grad.
Osgoode Hall is not obscure. Neither is SMU. Every university in India is competitive because of its population size. How many people come from other countries to get degrees here? What percentage of alumni have international careers?
This comment is perfect for the why NLSIU is great thread. It tries so hard that it ends up trolling itself.
I've been to NLSIU hostels plenty of times. The only people who cannot bear to live there even during their student lives are entitled brats. For them, there's always Jindal.
Are you serious when you say NLS has produced more Magic Circle partners than Manchester? Ka phoonke ho bhai?
Living/studying/working abroad >>> Living/studying/working in India any day.
If they want to work in india it would make sense for them to study in an Indian law school. I would push them to try much harder than is required by the NLUs though.