Read 61 comments as:
Filter By
Mods, why exactly was this approved?

Relevance with the subject matter of this platform?
You think anyone would CHOOSE to live life on harder difficulty? Sexuality is something you're born with and each person's sexuality could differ and can have nothing in common with 'offspring's' generation.
The ability to get your spouses name on the passport which makes a difference for some visas, and also makes life easier when you're travelling together abroad.
A 9-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 49-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Need Help. I am also from your community. Wronged by a straight guy. Police is not helping
A 35-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
No. I do not think it is a mental disease. I do think it is something that emerges from how neurons are wired. A disease implies that it's a problem. Biologically speaking it is not. It is a facet of nature and is prevalent across a spectrum of species.
They really are. I'm encouraged by this response. Am going to irritate the hell out of them and make them put up how to do this publicly.
What and ended up boring and grumpy when I am an uncle your age? Hell no. I am going to live my truth for that is what a human being is meant to do.
Reach out to Dr. Pragati Singh of Indianaces_ (Instagram). Its a support group for asexuals and been around since 2014.
Practically none. A friend of mine drew this list up for me when I asked them. They called it a "Civil Marital Contract" and said it would be possible to execute all of this in one document and make a whole ceremony out of it!
marriage is overrated

enjoy health work and interests and if good relationships come by great

like we dont wait for a breeze to start walking
Why did you choose to become such a person and choose this kind of life? couldn't you have stuck to your societal ethos? why would a person choose blatant discrimination and abuse over some sexual grievances
Those are amazing and creative practical tips!

Once you have done those, other than health insurance, what additiona benefits would civil partnership / marriage have in India?
Yes I do. My phone is on silent all the time. So that's never happened. ;).
I am open about it. People choose to avoid it. But I am Queer and I am here. They will get used to it.
It means I am not L G B or T but I am not Straight Either. There dumbed it down for you.
I want to make enough money to retire by the beach and raise like 50 dogs. I have no views. Good for Menaka I guess.
Why did you choose to live life like that huh? not gonna be easy
What do you mean by legal rights? As a live-in partner or a civil partnership? As far as we're aware, there's nothing along those lines in India yet.
Hi,
I’m a lesbian & Me and my partner are living together in India. We want to get legal rights in India as a couple. Is there any way around it?
Do you use apps like Grindr in the workplace?
How did it feel when your phone made the truk sound out loud? :D
Don't want the wikipedia one bhai woh hum bhi dhoond lenge 😶 kind of beats the purpose of your AMA. Explain it to me like the dumbfuck I am pls. In simple words.
Hi R! Please moderate and allow new questions. Thanks. (this comment may not be published lol)
Need to clarify. No I did not. Because I was still figuring out my sexuality. I only actually made sense of it all once I graduated.
:`( How do you make friends at work without being open about your sexuality? Breaks my heart to think how we must live half lives in order to survive at work.
Thank you. Few more questions - What are your professional aspirations? What are your views on the designation of Menaka Guruswamy as a senior advocate?
Not where I work. But I do know 2-3 other lawyers at the bar. In terms of environment it's largely "Don't ask, Don't tell".
Wikipedia has a good and useful definition: "Queer is an umbrella term for people who are not heterosexual or are not cisgender. Originally meaning "strange" or "peculiar""
My friends from college had suspected it for a while. Turns out my Mom was pretty oblivious but my Grandma had a hunch all along! In short it was quite supportive. One or two friends stopped talking to me. But meh. Such is life.
Did you ever come out as queer in law school? Did that change the way you were treated by your peers?
A 22-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
:')! Do you know of any other queers in your place of employment? How friendly is the environment vis-a-vis the context
Why did you assume that the readers have questions for you? And also that this could be fun. Thanks
what was your parent's/friends' reaction when you told them about being queer?