Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
As the title says. How fair is it that most of the T1s do not disclose their pay structures to the A0s till the offer letter is received, around few days before actual joining?

Most of the firms that one would interview for (apart from the T1s), normally disclose their salary. But the likes of CAM, SAM, Trilegal hardly ever disclose leaving the A0s wondering and asking about it on platforms like this. Though one has an idea of their pay, I don’t think it’s fair for them to not tell about it till you receive an offer letter a few days before joining or surprisingly for some, a few days AFTER joining!?

Thoughts?
Such a closely guarded secret this A0 salary right ? Those who couldn't look it up or figure should not join. Shudder to think what research they would do!
Honestly, salary is something that should be told upfront, without having to research about it or assuming it to be XYZ. It in no way means that they can’t or don’t have the capability to research. It’s definitely not something that you should have to β€œfigure it out” on your own. C’mon!

The fact that there’s no offer letter means so much gap for misusing someone’s position. Bold of you to say that they shouldn’t join if they can’t β€œfigure”!?
I won't say that people have to figure out the salary from outside. However, last time I checked, they are free to refuse the offer if all details aren't available upfront. And make the reason for refusal clear. That's the only way the firm will learn if at all.
Honestly, firms don’t and won’t care about refusals as long as there are 100 other candidates willing to take up that offer without the offer letter or pay disclosure.
So,the firm has now unleashed a troll on its critics on LI under the name of V for vendetta as part of the PR team?To shut down it's disgusting and criminal activities from getting exposed or abused on LI by its critics?
From what my friends who joined KCo told me, they didn't know their pay till the end of their first month, when their first salary was credited. Two different people told me this, but I still take it with a pinch of salt because it sounds too ridiculous to be true.
I can confirm this, none of my A0 batchmates knew their total remuneration before the Date of joining. They do tell you well in advance and in the offer letter in case you lateral into the firm, like I did.
It's not ridiculous and it's TRUE.I have actually heard of a case where A0 was given offer letter to "read",sign and not given copy of offer letter.Guess which company.
Got my letter last year and it had mentioned retainer fee and bonus.
Joining SAM Mumbai this July, no offer letter or salary disclosure till NOW
I am joining a tier 3-4 firm and even I didn't know what my pay was going to be until I received the offer letter, which wasn't too long ago and joining is in July. Seems like this practice is industrywide.
This is so much worse in T2s, T3s and boutique firms. At the very least, T1 firms are so talked about that you have a broad idea. With T2, T3 and boutique firms, this is a nightmare because even if they disclose the salaries, that happens at least when you have completed/are completing your assessment internship with them.

From the end of fourth year itself, it becomes impractical to intern at firms whose pay scale is simply not sustainable to you. However, a lot of people still end up doing this simply because firms would never reveal their pay-scales in an internship interview β€” or even when they give an assessment offer.

The question is β€” why should I have to waste 2
precious months out of the scarce 4-ish months left in my internship break periods on a firm that I anyway can't join because it can't pay my bills?

Dhir & Dhir, Anand & Anand, Kochhar & Co, etc (for instance) pay much lesser than one would expect from reasonably well-known names. Some of these you could get an idea about on LI. Others like Resolut, Stratage, Quillon, Sarvada, LawNK, Mettle, Anantlaw etc are too new/small/niche to have salary discussions available online.

And in all of these scenarios, it is the students who get caught up in the middle.
What’s more is that these firms expect you to NOT intern or sit for placement interviews further, while also not disclosing their pay structure! And when asked about the offer letter, they’ll ghost you, even after repeatedly following up via emails and calls.
A 60-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 30-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.