Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I work in a law firm and I have been filing ITR 4 (presumptive income from business, profession) for my income tax returns since I had no other sources of income apart from my law firm retainer fees earlier.

Since last year, I have made some money from trading shares (STCG) - above 1 lakh - which is taxable at 15%. [I understand the Long Term Capital Gains exemption of 1L won't be applicable for STCG].

I wanted to know what do you guys usually file? ITR 3 or ITR 4? ITR 4 is a very plain and simple form to file. But ITR 3 on the other hand seems too lengthy and complex. How do I show my STCG in ITR 4, is that possible?
I'm sorry but I'm filing my returns for the first time. What's the difference between ITR-3 and 4? (I mean I know the difference in definition on the Income Tax website - but that didn't make much sense practically.)

If my two income sources are money I get from litigation chamber and a little boutique I have, which form should I go for?
Guys, apart from my retainer fees of around INR 13 lacs (as an A0), I earned INR 500 by selling mutual funds. Do I need to file ITR-3 or ITR-4? How much would the CA ask as his fees?

A bit urgent, thank you😊😊😊