Read 59 comments as:
Filter By
A 11-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
Nand is an RP and Jyoti likely doesn't even know he exists since he's busy overseas with his own work. Kuch bhi likh dete ho yaar tum log
A 14-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.
I donโ€™t think Nand is an equity partner at JSA. He has joined as a retained partner.
A 35-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 27-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Nand Gopal is an equity partner in Gurugram office. He is Jyoti's blue eyed boy and an emerging leader. Having worked with him, I can say with certainty that he is one of best mentors/ lawyers I have seen in recent times.
Guys if you are aware of any vacancies in any of the firm for Dispute. Please let me know. I want a job
Is it the same for Delhi's disputes team? I mean, in terms of mentorship, bill share and pay scale.
JSA has had some significant talent exits lately as have other T1 firms. After the pandemic, no office looks the same.
lololol fully agreed, exited JSA and haven't looked back. Legacy law firm that has been left behind in the dust. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ Sagar Associates
No. Jyoti is very much aware of how far down the gutter JSA has gone. The golden days of JSA were very much Bergis driven.
I loved my job but quit M&A all together because of how toxic T1s are. Didnโ€™t love it enough to put up with all the stress and humiliation. I enjoy living in this country but as a lawyer who still has some hope of a career in M&A, I want to get out so bad.
A certain Gurgaon [...] has a penchant for driving [...] team up the wall all the time, and sits in [...] cabin gossiping [...] all day long.
Jyoti Sagar has a heart of gold. He's brilliant and full of lessons and vision. Its so deeply unfortunate that his legacy has been disrespected by people.
How's Rupinder Malik and Trisheet Chatterjee's team? And how much bill share can we expect in the same?
Bill share is the greatest scam of all. People misuse it to the core. In the same team, one person will make a lot more money than the other on the basis of bill share. It's a game and once you know how to play it it's so easy to be lazy and make lot of money.
One of the [...] EPs in Gurgaon is the worst, never having worked in real law, it is not surprising they can't mentor anyone. Mr. Sagar still remains the humblest person joining associates for lunch but it's a wasted legacy on most days.
Dude, this is not just JSA. This is pretty much all T1 firms. Too much pressure and politics. Finding nice, authentic, and inspiring people in a T1 is not easy.
LAW =HECTIC PROFESSION.
SA/PA are directly answerable to clients.

It becomes obligation of the Junior associate to learn, adapt and implement.
You just cant keep on complaining every minute issue.
They just don't care. Cuz that's how the profession works.
It does not sound good. Will be happy to help you with a job offer if you have still not found one.
Nobody is inherently bad. There is a decent human being inside everyone. But Alas, power and money make a heady cocktail not everyone can handle.
If you know anything about Jyoti, you know he is far removed from the day to day of JSA now.
Can someone please explain how the bill share can be different? An SA I knew made 47-48 lakhs (per their own confirmation). Do other SA1s not hit the same range?
Mumbai and Gurgaon teams are absolutely toxic. Gurgaon has the added layer of discarding and excluding people who don't "look the part". I personally know of an EP who asked the female associates to not wear Indian wear and stick to western clothes.
A 22-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A certain corporate partner in Mumbai is like this. He's rotten to his last nerve.
(...) and his posse. Very painful to even breath the same air as him.
It is expensive to disagree with your EP in JSA. They do not hesitate to punish you or make you feel like dirt.
A 112-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
I get where OP is coming from. I've been waiting to resign for some time until I get a better opportunity. It's not worth it in JSA anymore and the culture has become toxic.
Please write an email to Jyoti, let him know his legacy is not being carried.