Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I am joining as a fresher at Trilegal but I did not get the team of my choice, during college placements. Is it possible to eventually switch to the team of my liking? If yes, how can I make this happen?
fairly easy to change in Khaitan if there is a change in practice area or office location. Multiple examples. So many A0s and Fs changed their teams. Trust me, if the lawyer is good, management will do everything to retain talent. They are forward looking (and not petty) that way.

Switching between teams of the same practice area may be challenging, but also can’t be ruled out. There are some teams / partners that are known to be difficult and the management is well aware. So the management is usually empathetic. But to make that work, you would need to take the help of a seniorish member (PA / above). Amar is usually fairly receptive.
Hi, thank you so much! I'm an incoming A0 at Kco (Mumbai). Wanted to know if the firm would permit switching to another practice area and team based in Delhi (provided of course that I do a good job with my Mumbai team for a couple of years).
[...] - Sir, whats' the procedure to change the room?

[...] - Shut-up!!
It's fairly easy at Trilegal - you simply talk to the partner with whom you want to work (after talking to your current boss) and then inform the HR.
Are the partners okay with this? Will there be any partner politics or something. Should an fresher work on the original allocated team for a specific period of time or can approach for team shift once the induction is over?
You can switch teams/firms, but it is wise not to switch practice areas. Don't do it, it is not worth it. Switching eventually is equivalent to starting from scratch (unless you have another offer lined up right now). Stay with your team, since Trilegal is a great firm. Get cozy with the partner and maintain that rapport. Rise up the ranks and stick to your practice area now.
What kind of advice is this??? Being a fresher is the best time to change practice areas. You don't lose out on any years of PQE. Please stop telling people to settle and let them go for what they love.

Even if you lose 2-3 years of PQE, I think that's a good compromise if you move to a practice area you enjoy. If you hate the practice area, you'll probably quit in a few years anyway. If you enjoy it, you'll continue for a while. So switching practice areas makes no difference in the long run.