Read 45 comments as:
Filter By
There are plenty of legal ways around that. If you are unaware of those, please go research.
1) Prenups aren't legally valid in India. If you marry are signing away the right over your property in event of a separation.
If you think divorce is a reasonable redress to to a violent and gruesome act, I sure hope you aren’t any kind of litigating lawyer.
And Justice Shankar has disagreed with that. In fact, I find Justice Shankar's arguments qua the creation of a new offence much more convincing than Justice Shakdher.
Where have stated they're false? I've talked about the fallout of NOT having safeguards - incarceration of families.
Once again, lack of conviction does not imply a false case. You should have learnt this much law by now. In case you haven't, then please leave this place now and spend the time studying instead.
A 12-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Please give more details about these 'enough cases' that you speak of.
Why is the onus on the woman to seek divorce if she's getting raped, and not on the man to seek the same if he is not getting the 'physical satisfaction'? In fact, the latter is a valid ground for divorce.
What's contested in this? Malicious prosecution isn't a joke, people lose their livelihood over it
My comment was not even published. Moderation seems to only permit comments agreeable to the owners. Try and encourage a reasoned debate. Censorship can stifle logic, if this is the kind of model if you chose to follow.
I, too, think of it as a personal affront that the law will now treat me as a rapist for raping someone I have who trusts me
Can you please provide any reliable stats about this supposedly widespread travesty of the misuse of 498A? Asking for a friend.
Justice Sakdher's judgment pointed out that removal of marital rape exception wouldn't create a new offence. The offence of rape is already there. It will merely remove immunity to a class of offenders (husbands) for an offence that already exists and is defined in the IPC.
Ha bhai, only you understand the legal meaning of rape. Rest of us certainly can't read the judgement at all, let alone decipher the jurisprudence on how it's okay to have intercourse with a spouse without consent and against will.
People feel everything work is black and white but the history teaches us otherwise.
What about the marital rape case which was being heard by the Gujarat HC?
Except it wasn't a dissenting judgement. It was a split verdict that is reflective of how regressive our thought process still is. Some of the reasoning in the judgement was not well founded and people rightfully criticized it.