Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
This is not about 0.1 to 1% like Harish Salve and Ram Jethmalni. Who charges crores.

Many LI threads claim that there are multiple not so known Litigation lawyers (with more than 10-15 years of experience) making 1 crore.

This kind of money is made at Tier 1 law firms. But in Litigation? The highest I have heard is people making 2 LPM, that too in Delhi.

Is all this real?
Dude.

There are 200 days of court in a year. To hit a crore, you need to make 50K a day.

Assuming those "unknown" lawyers you speak of have 2 matters a day. Even if they bill 25K an appearance, that's your 50K a day right away.

Add drafting fees, conference fees, and you can see how a crore is easy, even if you have a few juniors.
Rather, simplify it.

10k per appearance (which is not at all high), 5 matters per day (not unusual, at least in Delhi).

Take the drafting fee, conference fee, or any windfall profits to account for the bills & salaries.

That being said it's difficult to reach there, it's a long and exhausting grind
2 matters a day is luxury dude.
Decent litigators aim for 6 to 8 matters in a month. Often targets are missed.
I'm sure #3 meant 2 appearances per day. Any decent litigator has that.
I must be living under a rock.
Getting 25k or even 10k per 'appearance' in a regular civil suite in civil courts?
Average litigant doesn't pays like that. Normally, people charge lumpsum for a case here. Charge per appearance, if any, ranges between 500 to 2500.

My experience in civil court. Could be different elsewhere.
May I know which city you're speaking about?

But yeah, for Delhi practice, it's a mix of CJ + DJ + HC + Tribunals. 10k/appearance is definitely a regular thing.
almost every other AOR in his mid 20s and early 30s make around 2lpm. and almost every senior makes 2 lakh per day. After a point, $$ in litigation is insane and you stay sane too, which is rare in law firms
A Senior making 2L/day must not be a very popular senior then lol.

Even the new ones charge 60k-1L per hearing, and have at least 3-5 matters listed daily.
Yep - there is a lot of money to be made if you can establish yourself in a tribunal.
Criminal lawyers charge anywhere around upwards of Rs 50000 for a bail application.
My friend was charged Rs 40000 by a lawyer for drafting a sale agreement of a one bhk in Bandra.
I kno a lawyer who charged Rs 750000 to a builder for β€˜Title Clearance certificate’ and drafting of sale agreements in Mumbai for a plot of 4000 sqft.
The lawyers queuing outside court houses manage to earn Rs 50000 a month and most of them are mediocre to say the least.

Bottomline any decent lawyer with an office and some contacts can easily earn more than 2 LPM.
The only reason people don’t take this course is because the initial days in litigation are an absolute grind!
For Lucknow the scene is not as promising. To charge 50k for a bail, one has to be among the top shots and this top shot ranking can only be achieved after putting 10-12 years into the practice.
Normal bail range betwenn 15 - 30 k.
Clients try to get away after giving half fees.

In short, bade papad belne padte h bhai.
Delhi is key if you want to make big bucks in litigation. Tier 2 3 waley HC ke haal mat pucho.
its only the top connected order of lawyers who earn that kinda money, on the bottom of the ever inflating pyramid are those who can barely sustain themselves
Yes but it’s a lot of hard work for 10 years to establish a practice. After that you can make a lot of money.
It seems moderator is saving herself from extra work and outright dismissing post from being published.

I myself gave a figure of realistic stats in litigation sector in my city without any disrespect/insult - no name calling, and after two days of pendency i find that the post is not published.
It was just a point of view man.
There was a top Delhi high court senior charging 3 - 5 lakhs an appearance 20 years back doing 1000 a year and making 40 crores a year.
A 4-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.