Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
If you are jumping from SEBI to a Corporate Law Firm - you are either extremely money minded, intelligent/competent or utterly stupid.

SEBI at least for Legal Officers is an incredibly lucrative job. There are many Judicial Services toppers across India who are still writing SEBI law officer exam.

I am a judicial Officer in rural maharashtra - I have friends in law firms, chambers and all government offices. I will tell you why nobody moves from SEBI -

1. Insane Salaries - Starting salary for a fresher (CTC) is far far more than a Judicial Officer and even top law firms (18LPA)

This salary over the years can go upto 40LPA - all inclusive.

2. MUMBAI - forever in Mumbai. Imagine? Most Government jobs have harsh transfers all across India. Most of SEBI Legal work is done in Mumbai. Same office.

As a Judicial Officer - living in Mumbai is a dream come true. Most of your life is wasted in rural Tier 9 towns.

3. Career - you can go almost till the top in SEBI.

You will get extremely interesting and complicated work.

As a judicial Officer mostly you will end up as a PDJ. HC/SC Judgeships are almost reserved for the likes of Chandrachud's, Narimans, Lalita and other big family names. Initial 10 years of your judicial Officer life you will be stuck up with stupic cases and dumbest lawyers.

4. Work Life - Obviously 100 times better than at a law firm. SEBI is a 10 to 5 job. I have heard it's more convenient than even a Judicial Officers job.

+ STABILITY - Salary till 60, as long as you yourself is not a fraud. You won't be fired.

So

My POV, I WON'T understand why should people even leave a sebi law officer job.
Have heard a few names of those who exited SEBI and started Hardcore boutique Securities Litigation law firms.