Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Looking/ hoping for any leads for job. No one is ready to hire a fresher. How can somebody get experience if nop one is ready to train a fresher?
Looking for any leads as to anybody who might be hiring.
What is the kind of salary you are looking at and the practice area ? Also, location ?
Practice area would be something like Labour and Employment/ corporate?
Have lit experience by interning throughout law school and post graduation as well.
Would want to switch and settle into the above practice areas then.
Any help possible?
Find an assessment internship. Keep your expectations low. You will eventually plug the gap.

Forget dreams of acing reputed law firms and in-house department. Just get your foot in the door once and then you can optimize your situation.

Get an unpaid internship. If that doesn't work, get another unpaid internship. Sooner or later - you will get picked up, maybe for a paid internship, and then voila, it's a job and then with two or three shifts (5-10 years), you will bring your compensation to industry standards.
Subject: Late law school job crisis: Zero contacts after costly education, huge loan, no job

Dear LI community,

I am a fourth-year law student about to on the verge of commencing my fifth year. When I am done I shall be graduatingΒ from an extraordinarily costly private institution that I absolutely loathe now. I have no contacts. I have a huge student loan hanging over my head and would do anything to get a job. I have never had an opportunity and if I ever got one, there were no vacancies.

Is there anyplace with vacancies where I could possibly do an assessment internship? I promise if you provide any leads, I’ll work my ass off. I won’t go home if needed. I know there are others like me, your insights will help them as well.
My advice to you:

1. If you belong to the reserved category:

a) Prepare for UPSC, BSF, state civil service, state judicial service and other govt exams.

b) Prepare for CAT and target IIMs and IITs.

c) Prepare for LLM CAT and try for PSUs which accept LLM CAT scores or join an NLU and do your LLM/PhD from there and join academia.

2. If you belong to the general category:

a) Prepare for CAT and target private colleges such as ISB, SP Jain, MICA and FORE.