Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Is there any job in the legal profession that pays decent at 2PQE (60-70kpm) and you actually have a 10-6/9-5 job with lunch breaks?

Currently working 12-14 hour work days and feels like I am missing out on everything in life but money.
Which supposed tier 1,but in reality third class firm, you working at?
If you read #1, he/she never claims to be working at T1. Am I missing something?
K&S Partners is an IP law firm that comes to mind that fits what you are looking for but I am assuming you are a corporate lawyer.
I am jealous of my friends who are in tech. They work 4-5 hours a day and make more money than I do. Dont take this the wrong way I am happy for them but I get frustrated knowing that had I gone in tech, how much better my life would have been.
let's do an analysis -
HOW MANY ENGINEERS IN INDIA ARE UNEMPLOYED V. HOW MANY LAWYERS ARE UNEMPLOYED

Just because Jeff Bezos is an engineer and rich, doesn't mean that every engineer would be rich or engineering is better than law.
It's your own skills and calibre that make you money. So if your friends are making more than you do with less work, they are definitely much smarter than you are and you need to introspect upon your journey till now.
God bless.
Its not about that. An average engineer makes way more than an average corporate lawyer despite working less number of hours. That's where the frustration comes from.
Most lawyers in the country are actually unemployed, because you cannot be employed and still have an advocate's license.
Of course they are much smarter than me. Despite scoring the same or less than ne in school they chose tech but I chose law. I deserve the consequences.
It’s good to dream but real answer is no - law firms that only demand 8 hour days don’t exist sadly
I'm taking about inhouse roles as well, need not necessarily be a law firm! And yes, I work at a T2 that pays well.
Bumping this up for genuine answers, in a similar boat as due certain personal health issues putting in long hours has just become impossible for me. Any clue would be appreciated. I have experience in Corporate law.