Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
I am looking to switch to General Corporate work. Please suggest which law firms I should Aim for ? I am looking for Tier 2 and Tier 3 Law firms. I am from Lower NLU, with a decent CGPA and a good CV.
whom Should I reach out for ?

PS. I am 2 + years of Ex. in Disputes
Big mistake. Move to litigation, if you dont want lawfirm disputes. No one goes from disputes to corporate. Its the other way round.
I have seen the opposite happen. People shifting from disputes to corporate usually lose a year or two in terms of seniority, but it’s not unheard of.

The move is usually to smaller corporate firms, I assume they do ask you basic corporate law questions relating to company law, sebi regulations and fdi laws.
Litigation always seems more interesting, but your switch is not uncommon.

You'd be on better footing, if you are familiar with contract law, corporate law (companies act, FEMA, etc.). Apply to all firms (tier I included) - I know of quite a few corporate partners in tier 1s who started off with litigation.

If you seem like a quick learner who knows what he is talking about, firms always hire competent trainable talent, irrespective of prior work experience - be prepared for them to start you off at a lower position than you feel you deserve though - this should get rationalised once you show how well you can do.

Just one tip - do not bullshit if you don't know, interviews are not college exams, and the interviewer already knows answers to the questions he is asking, so you will not be able to confound him/her with made up nonsense.