Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
I graduated in July 2021 from a good respectable tier 2 private college. Since then, I gave many interviews, did couple of internships even though I graduated so I won’t sit idle. It’s been 10 months and I’m still not even close to find a job in any law firm. My future is looking very bleak and as my gap is increasing, my chances of getting employed in a law firm keeps on decreasing . Pls advice me what can I do about my situation. Should I switch my field completely or still cling on the hope that I might have a job in a law firm someday?
I mean, it's pathetic, law as a whole is so pathetic and depressing, consider doing PG from India or foreign from a good college, work on networking, etc, you'll get a job.
Try getting in touch with legal recruiters (Vahura, Michael Page, Options Group etc.). They may help you getting placed. Also, try and tap your alumini on LinkedIn to see if they can help you.
They dont even look at people who dont have any prior experience. I have gotten in touch with all of them, most dont bother with responding back, the ones who do, quickly shoot you down.

Recruitment firms are only good for people who have some experience, 2-3 years at least.
Hi, please try cold emailing partners try asking recruiters, if not please join a litigators chambers. Because litigation experience counts and even law firms are ready to hire such candidates. All the best!
I know it is easier said than done but hang in there, good things will follow.

Do explore other options and not just a law firm. If you want to get into non-contentious practice, there are some great corporates with good teams that you can try out. A good boss, can change your life and career.

Just continue being honest at what you do and good things will follow.

All the best, mate !
Get in touch with some advocate and work under him/ her. Then you can switch to a law firm job anytime. Also getting a law firm job straight out of law school should not be the goal in the first place. Law firms pay well I agree but as far as experience goes one can gain that anywhere. Hope it helps and all the best :)
Better to switch right away. You don't want same thing to be happen again in future
Don't remain jobless. Join a small firm that pays 15k but starting in the field you wish to work in.

You'll be in a T1/T2 in a few years. Who knows you even would have been had you started right outside college.
Get enrolled. Then go to the Consumer Court/Trial Court and fill form to join Bar Association. Get a bunch of letterheads and cards printed giving your address as the bar room. Go out and find work. Either online or via the community. Remember this. An Advocate is NEVER unemployed. An Advocate is merely not-practising.
Either prepare for competitive exams or join a LPO. Get some experience and try moving in house after that
Can try to help you better if you disclose what kind of firms you’ve been targeting? There are a multitude of law firms in the market today. Are you looking at corporate law firms or litigation? I
My advice to OP is to do an MBA or other master's in management, like hotel management or fashion management at NIFT. I think the legal market is not good to break into right now, especially for someone in you position.
Hotel Management is shit , and will be. I know a friend who did that course. MBA in Finance may be better , if OP is ready for another gruelling bout of competition.
Leave. Leave now when you have the chance. Prepare for CAT and complete an MBA. Personal experience; unemployed for 10 years. Graduated in 2010. Prepared for every exam on the planet. Completed LLM and PhD. Yet no job. Finally post covid. Cracked CAT, studied at an IIM, bagged a job even before graduation. Law is dead. People are just selling you broken dreams. Leave right now.
> tujhe kya dikkat hai?

> padh le, LI kyu khol ke baitha retha hai ? Main toh graduate hu. Tere exams honge .
@Guest MBA - Hi , pls dont mind me asking this or poking holes in your competency but I am really unable to understand.

I m curious what was your age when you joined MBA ?

Also, considering the fact that you have been preparing for multiple exams , I am unable to understand how could you get a Job with huge gap in CV ?
Join a litigation chamber immediately. Any.

And grow from there.
Having some work experience will help you in the cycles for next year.