Read 41 comments as:
Filter By
I just hope that this stops for all practice areas. No lawyer should leave India. Indian legal market is growing, stay here. For gods sake, UK firms need to stop hiring, not even a single person from India.
Do only banking finance project finance and cap market lawyers can go to uk? What is the scene for gen corp m&a pe lawyers?
Would much rather live a toxic life in London than in Noida or Lower Parel.
It doesn't take into account taxation. Tax liability is very heavy in UK. If you earn 100k per annum, you will be left with 60k only post tax.
A 63-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
It's not better there either. Law firms are toxic everywhere in the world, if there is one thing I've learnt over the past few years.
A tier 1 law firm lawyer being better off is a delusional idea because they may have money but they get treated worse than dogs at many firms
Is professional life any better there? Or is it comparable/ worse than tier 1s in India?
Just call up a UK legal recruiter. It’s quite simple. LinkedIn is the best way to find good UL recruiters
how much were you able to save yearly? really interested if you could give a detailed breakdown of the finances sir/ma'am
i am envious of anyone who enjoys corporate law firms as they are learning, earning and are happy also.
I lived in Zone 2 with a very short commute to work. My accommodation was not the Ritz, but it was quite comfortable.
Maybe you are exaggerating this a tad bit?
You sure 107.5K GBP, the salary of NQ associates in MCs, which puts you within the top 5 percent of earners in the UK, salvages only a 'cramped dog house somewhere in the outskirts of London? If the answer is yes according to you, I suggest that you think again.
Is anybody familiar with the process one needs to take to get into London law firms from Tier I banking finance practise?
Well these two and Cap Marks are the practice areas which are basically globally transferable. Apart from basic compliances, transactions throughout the globe are same under these 3 practice areas.
A Tier 1 Law Firm lawyer lives like a king/queen in India. The same person will have to stay in a cramped dog house somewhere in the outskirts of London. Weather in UK makes your life extra depressed.
^ this is true but tbh no foreign land or any other promised land is worth doing cap marks IMO. It’s so dreadful I feel kind of envious of lawyers who actually manage to like it ?! If that makes sense
pls aur batao. even i want to leave to london, presently a student
Cap marks too. If you are an Indian cap marks lawyer, then you can land a job in a foreign firm pretty easily now. 4 people whom I know have made the jump since last November.
Has anyone else heard about the massive exodus of funds and banking lawyers (from all tier 1 law firms) to London law firms?