Read 49 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I am an upcoming intern with the Bangalore TMT team. Will be working with Arun Prabhu's team. Any insights? I want to get a PPO but I have seen way too much hate for CAM here so want some perspectives.
Congratulations!

Slightly off track - could you tell me who the HR is in the Bengaluru office?
Cam is definitely a hate worthy place. But always worth it to start your career there for the branding as opposed to a good but smaller firm like TTA.

Not sure about Arun Prabhu team. But you'll be rotating anyway.
One HR said,the firm specifically avoiding to recruit from Tier1s including CAM because their learning years of associates are affected being spent on dealing with toxic politics of large teams and unhealthy competition instead of building the foundation of learning law.And the ones at SA and PA are far too arrogant which affects team cultures at their firms bringing in the same unhealthy toxicity.
Whatever the HR may supposedly say, the moment they get a good CV from CAM, they'll salivate and pick them up. Esp at SA level or below. Plus saying "I used to work in amarchand" is sort of a status symbol / quality indicator when you move on to smaller / green pastures.

Cam is an excellent training ground. The whole industry knows that.
"I used to work for CAM" sounds like committing fraudulent misrepresentation and suppression of evidence from a national investigative agency
I used to work for CAM means I am incompetent because my toxic seniors who themselves don't know any paw,and shout away at juniors to cover fir their incompetence, can not teach it.
Salivate?CAM CV?You sound some like despo.....And no one salivates at any CV,not CAM CV.
Sorry....Cyril has reserved the title of "smaller firm" for Trilefal.Are you trying to apply it to TTA.Everyone knows that CAM is a giant but the real full statement is CAM a totally giant ass.
Be real...CAM brand now doesn't mean a shit to anyone's...they have dug their own grace by making that reply to Hidenburg public and made their firm appear like a joke.....their Reply in the Adani Hidenburg report equating allegations on Adani group as attack on India really lends credence to the popular saying that patriotism is the last refuge of the sound really.Thats sad because some competence in that reply instead of hiding behind patriotism grounds would have definitely helped the Adani group.Instead of helping the Adanis the CAM reply made the entire matter worse and whatever reputation CAM had built over the years came crashing down....
Any update on the nature of work and culture here? Has there been a lot of attrition here?
When I was interviewing with the TMT, I was sadly obsessed with Tier1 tag belonging to a non-NLU. However, half a month there and it turned out to be the worst decision I ever made. In fact they asked me whether I had any anxiety/ depression issues...should've been the first red flag. The notice period is three months, and I kept trying to get fired. AP ain't that bad, but his team ▮▮▮, made my life miserable. Screaming, disgusting tirades. However, work is varied and great for a fresher plus you get a SCAM tag. Weigh your pros and cons.
Arun is a great guy to work with. A but fast thinking but knowledgeable. If you tune into his wavelength and focus on work and learning rather than what you think you are entitled to... You could get lucky. Amarchand brand is Amarchand brand regardless of all the hate. Yes there is poltics and yes there is competition...but such is life. It a bed of roses. Gotta swim or sink.
CAM has destroyed its own Amarchand brand.Imagine 24000 documents/photocopies of Nirav Modi scam turned up at CAM in CBI raid.You can very well imagine what is going to be left of this brand.Be smart,focus on making your career rather than trying to piggyback a dying brand.
Sinking into or swimming in a bed of branded roses. Ouch!

There is beauty in pain too though.. commending your resilience.
Brand wise it's a BS firm....only because Amarchand had a brand it had some name but now all gone
Apart from Mumbai and Delhi offices joining any other CAM office is risky.Are you aware that they had suddenly shut down their Chennai office and asked the lawyers to leave.And when these guys joined SAM that's the firm of Shardul Amarchand brother of Cyril(CAM MP),the CAM Chennai lawyers were given legal notices.Apparently they settled out the cases finally but the firm had even put a criminal case on one of the zchennai heads ,Dorothy something.
I don't get it....if CAM asked them to leave them how can they then stop employees from taking up SAM offer........a d what ultimately happened in the settlement then?Did they take back the employees at Chennai?
CAM thinks it's slaves are owned by them.They threw them out but when Cyril found out that entire office was joining his big brother,he couldn't handle the burn.He had thought his slave lawyers will grovel and beg instead they found greener pastures, so he then tried to stop them from joining big brother with Court cases.It was a major controversy years back,LI had covered it as well.One lesson squarely learnt :CAM is a big no.Better to be unemployed than at such a firm.

Quiet a bit of excellent coverage by LI at that time ( it's sad to see LI in current half dead state,seriously guys do something about it)

https://www.legallyindia.com/law-firms/shardul-amarchand-snaps-up-cyril-s-chennai-office-with-dorothy-thomas-20161009-8028

https://www.legallyindia.com/law-firms/cyril-amarchand-allegation-ex-chennai-team-took-client-files-cites-cctv-shardul-whatsapp-evidence-20161014-8042

https://www.legallyindia.com/law-firms/the-cyril-amarchand-v-dorothy-thomas-settlement-30-days-handover-6-months-non-solicit-20161025-8066

https://amarchand3.rssing.com/chan-64971766/all_p3.html

More articles are available, but LI coverage was the best. The point is CAM is a batshit firm, Better to run in opposite direction if they make you an offer.There us a very real reason why people hate CAM so much, it's not just because it's this lala neo firm like many others.Its because it acts like it owns the legal profession and everyone in it given their legacy brand AMSS.
Put your head down and work.

If you see politics or toxicity - ignore it till it’s not directed at you and keep on reading the various KM notes that have practical jurisprudence imbibed in them.

No firm will give you anything - the least you owe yourself is extracting every bit of knowledge that will make you a better lawyer.

Hopefully the world doesn’t stop needing good lawyers.