Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
If you have done M&A in in house, then you can easily switch to law firm in M&A.
I moved from working inhouse with their M&A team (large MNC) to a Tier 1. It is a different issue that I very quickly realised the law firm route isn’t for me. But to answer your question, you may lose a few years of seniority but it is most definitely possible.
I agree but I just wanted to know if I start at an Investment advisory firm where I get to work with Investment Bankers and Lawyers and then want to move to a law firm....would that be possible ?
The reverse is a wiser and easier move. Learning and hardwork would be more at a law firm than an in-house team.

Should look for growth in the initial years.
A 7-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
So you mean that movement from In-house M&A IB and law practice to law firm is non existent ?
Could you tell me what do you mean ? So if I work in house in M&A I wont be able to make a move to a law firm after that in M&A ?
I want to start my career in such an investment advisory firm's legal department but later want to move to a law firm in M&A or VC. Is it an unwise move? Can it be done ? Has it been done ? Any answers would be welcome.