Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
I am finding labour laws quite interesting. I was thinking of pursuing a career in the same, how is the employment scope at firms for this practice area? Also is this practice area considered somewhat inferior to other cheesy most sought ones like M&A? How is the growth scope?
Great area of the law, terrible country to practise it in. Do an LLM abroad and settle there.
Almost no foreign law firm ever hires an Indian Law Graduate (with Foreign LLM) for a practice like labour laws. Labour Law is very local with no need for a cross border perspective.

Foreign law firms hire Indians only for M&A and Securities Law practice.
CAM has the largest dedicated Employment Law Practice, with some 4-5 Partners and 20-25 lawyers. In terms of quality, CAM and Trilegal probably have the two best practices. However, CAM definitely has the better people to work with, so if you are looking for a firm to join, that's your place.
I started my career at the Labour Bar. Its a great area for juniors as you'll find many employees happy to give you cases. Eventually you'll get briefed by Management. Its a great place to start as there is an intersection between Public Law and Private Law. Scope is good when the economy is in the downturn.
You should consider NDA - Vikram Shroff. He has been consistently recognised by all premier directories and surveys.
If you get a job with this practice at NDA, Indus or Trilegal, take it. Next comes CAM, Khaitan & the likes. Usually good progress within the teams bcos they have great profitability due to their foreign clients.
If you are intellectually stimulated by the subject matter it's worth considering an internship in different firms with this practice area which are mentioned in the comments above. Only way to know whether you would like the work is once you start doing it so an internship will hopefully give you enough of a sense of that practice and whether you are comfortable with the people who are working there and the culture of the firm.
What are some good firms to start off with? Those who doesn't have pretty low CV requirements?
This practice has completely lost its strength thanks to ridiculous Labour Court orders.People are so upset that they don't want to approach the Labour Court where justice is a distant dream.
Hi what is the salary for As/PAs/SAs working in the employment/HR Law team of firms like NDA, Trilegal, KCO, Indus, etc.
The worst possible choice! Avoid it at all costs if you value your mental health and have any self respect. I've known people personally who worked there and hated it.
Hey All, I'm looking to be a part of a Labour and Employment Team as well. If you do know of firms that have a dedicated team and are looking to hire 24 Grads, please do provide info