Read 87 comments as:
Filter By
Whom do you think are the most responsive, helpful and understanding HRs at law firms?
Namita at Trilegal - only she has the guts to stand up against some of the most harassing partners.
Parita at KCo, Mumbai
Very cordial and helpful. (interns perspective)
Parita is super helpful. Gives regular updates and follows up on her own, without the need to prompt her. From a potential interns perspective.
HR in law firms is a myth. There is no such thing as HR. You will only see them at the time of hiring and then….. phoooffff…they will vanish and you are on your own….standing up for the young lawyers or against the bullying partners is unheard of.
This is the truth. All other comments on this thead thus far are just PR by paid trolls. HR at law firms = paper pushers.
No one has the time and money to pump in for LI PR. You take LI too seriously
Its been half an year and I have followed up with her on mail (5-6 times) and on call (3 times) and yet to recieve my internship certificate and stipend.
True. Discriminates a lot amongst nlu and non nlu students. And he is soooo rude
I don't know about the best but I've certainly met very rude HR people at a few law firms and one guy in Lakshmikumaran sits at the top.
Nobody in HR has any guys to do twh "right" thing and this applies to all industries, not just legal industry.
That's the difference between companies under companies act and law firms which have typical partnership structure and have that ghar ka dukaan feel. The empowered partners feel as if they own the firm, while I have seen even powerful CEO's shudder at the thought of getting reported for harassment. HR folks are much more powerful in the corporates, in law firms firstly it is tough to find someone who will talk to an intern decently, that reflects their mentality, with Associates they just behave as paper pushers. Just sign here, sign there, this is that policy...this is this.. That's it work done. When it comes to work life balance, outings, budget for office parties, appraisals or down right harassment (sexual or otherwise) I have hardly seen them taking a stand in law firms. Good to know about the few names thrown in here. 'Hope' that is true.
In a way the partners actually own the firm, unlike companies where they own shares and not the Company.
Nobody,they are puppets of their management or the chamcha of their promoter family.Their job is to bury and cover up all the people issues including ones of harassment that could become major scandals.This is generally HR in almost all Indian industries.There maybe exceptions,but they are probably few.
A 2-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
CAM Delhi had one Mr. Xess (interesting name). I remember him from my law school days. He was very kind and helpful to all the aspiring students. Everyone liked him.
Can i please say who is the worst of the lot! CAM Delhi takes the cake. Each sentence is preceded by 'Dear' and followed by no action, except gossip. Confidential information is leaked to one 'litigation' partner, it is not only frustrating to have any interaction but it is so toxic.
Wait till you put down your papers. It gets worse.. They'll treat you like a traitor as if you signed up for life and they even ruin your BVC when the get the opportunity..
Latika and her team at AZB is the most professional you can get in an Indian law firm
Niloufer Irani at JSA was super prompt and helpful. (Intern POV)
A 6-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
The difference between God and the HR of a law firm is that God doesn't think he is the HR of a law firm
HRs do not belong in law firms. They don't understand the type of work or the effort or hours that go into a lawyer's job. One time, this HR in a law firm in Mumbai labelled comments from the opposite side in an agreement as "mistakes" and created a ton of confusion!
SAM HR are the most sweetest people I have ever met in my life. Especially the lady on the landline
Lol. SAM HR would rank among thr worst. How many times have increments been paid on time? Promotions announced on time? Level of increments pathetic. Any HR which believes delaying payments and ensuring that their only effective retention strategy is tk ensure you leave money on the table, whenever you leave, is no HR.
Best HR-AZB, NDA, Trilegal, SAM, Bharucha, DSK, one guy at S&R, one lady from KCo, One lady at JSA

Worst HR- ▮▮▮, ▮▮▮, ▮▮▮, ▮▮▮, ▮▮▮(Worst), one lady and a guy at ▮▮▮,
Lol, is Khushboo Chester the most disliked HR ever?

She is actually pretty sweet in real life, though she is a bit lost in her own world.
Not at all. Has extremely low eq for an HR. Extremely unprofessional in terms of guiding junior associates and providing remedies. Lastly, Indus is going through a hard time financially so the HR's role is primarily cutting costs
Hard time financially? Source? As an ex associate, they are flourishing like anything. Don't confuse luthra with indus now bhai
How will the HR cut costs? Cutting costs is firing associates and firing extra HR members. However I hear Indus is hiring like anything
L&L - S Russel. She gave me an internship and allowed me to reschedule it twice.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.
A 236-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 5 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 4 months ago was not published.