Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Guys as we're all aware how this website has become nearly dead in these past few weeks. It's time we take a firm stand to make the only legal forum in the country sustainable. All it requires is an individual who can moderate 3 times a day and keep all the gears oiled.
I suggest that it should be based on a revenue model which majorly runs through donations that grants access at a very nominal charge to everyone, Keeping in view a law student from a local govt. college to a partner at a law firm this should be the platform where everyone could speak their minds.
There is an another option. since this site is operated by a foreign individual there are some restrictions that doesn't allow it to legally publish articles, which limits the potential of the website. It is a long shot but if enough people agrees to support the making of another open forum that could be the beginning of the 'New Legally India'.
I'm aware that this conversation may seem a bit unpolished due to my rookie writing skills but I hope you guys get the idea :)
Kian and R is chill seeing LegallyIndia dying a slow death. They are irresponsible.

Unless they step up. We can't do anything.
1rs per reader can easily pay for the Web hosting requirements.

Editors, content writers and mods will have to be volunteers though.

It's about the will. Does Kian wanna?
Can Kian become a naturalized citizen or get an exemption from I&B ministry?
Shifting to Reddit sounds like a good idea. It has a thriving community of foreign lawyers, however, the Indialaw subreddit is pretty empty.

The benefits of shifting to Reddit include less moderation and more cat videos.

Let's just free Kian from this misery.
You guys don't gotta do anything. Patreon is there exactly for this purpose.

All R needs to do is start a patreon page with a pricing as 'pay as you like it'.

Later on a more persistent payment model can be developed once the pay as you like it model shows consistent payers.
Let me check this out, this is a suggestion Kian and I have been mulling over. Do you think it will work?

- R
Keeping the payment anonymous is going to be tricky, unless you're opting for crypto.
I feel like relying on a 'goodness of heart' payment in India won't really work unless you put it behind a paywall - best to try and operationalise LI with a resident owner
Why think so much? Just test it out while you still have time. I dont have access to stats but I am sure if you do, you can see the traffic is dropping fast, make it run while you still can.
Yes, it has worked for influencers.

Please do go through patreon pages of common youtube influencers and get an insight into the diversity of payment plans that they have done.

You'll have to put some brains into how you are going to fix the pricing and the offerings - and from there, anything is better than nothing.
Shifting to Reddit will never work.

The only reason Legally India Gossip Threads exist is because of Anonymity. It's hard to become anonymous in Reddit. Because you have to use a throwaway account every week.

Even if Legally India makes a requirement of registration - this much discussion won't exist.

After you post a couple of answers and questions people can easily track you down and you can get kicked out from your office..

Remember, there are only 50 corporate law firms in India. Not hard to track down a frustrated associate bases on a few Reddit threads they made.
You want me to pay money to read this nonsense?
This will just move to reddit.
Nonsense won't move to Reddit. Tracking down associates is tough on LI. But possible on Reddit.

You should understand that the partners about whom you are trash talking are reading each comment on LI.