Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
I've received an offer in Gurgaon but I only hear how violent and unsafe it is. Should I skip the offer and just look for some other job on this basis?
People do live in Gurgaon though. Families. Women. Men. Children. It's as unsafe as Delhi can be at times. If the job is worth it, take it up. If you're from outside NCR, there are many options - flats with flatmates who are already well versed with the place. Ask on flat and flatmates groups. If you're from NCR apart from gurgaon, you should know that a large population travels to and from Delhi-Gurgaon everyday.
Long story short, if the offer is good, don't give it up because you think Gurgaon is unsafe. A lot of places in India could be called unsafe that way.
People in India are too proud of their city/ state so dont expect a honest answer.
Gurgaon isn’t worse than Delhi. In fact you will like the nightlife.
Native Haryanvi here, born and brought up in Gurgaon all my life. I have also spent about a year in Toronto (did my masters from Osgoode, York University). In York campus, there used to be atleast one case of sexual assault or robbery (knife/gun point) everyday. You can check these facts. If DU had half the no of cases, we would run riots and yet Delhi is apparently the rape capital of the world.
No place is safe, crime is everywhere, stop believing in all that nonsense being peddled by media houses. Gurgaon is a great place to be at and yes usual caution is warranted as would be needed in any other part of the country but nothing out of ordinary. And yes, if you are here, please don't prejudge people, a lot of native Haryanvi are tired of uptight outsiders sitting in fancy houses constructed on land forcefully brought from us, depriving us of its real value and the land that sustained us, and then mocking us for our life choices. You will find if you make an effort that contrary to the popular perception, there are a lot of nice and helpful people in Haryana just like in any other state of India.
"One case of sexual assault a day"

Do you know the number of SAs happening in delhi/ Gurgaon every minute?
Notice period me LI pe faltu post dalne ki bajae jaldi join karlo. We are dying from work!

- JSA/ Trilegal
Honestly depends on the area you're staying. As long as it's in the main city, where most offices are likely to be, it's all good. Not too much to worry
If you are a woman, it's very very unsafe. Me and my friends are chased down by cars and tractors every other day. Many are not able to escape.

But nowhere as unsafe as Delhi. Delhi roads have rapes and murders happening everyday in broad daylight on the streets.
Delhi is better than ggn on safety parameters, you could have a look at ncb records and confirm
You can go to any state anywhere in India and I can point you to towards dozens of incidents that have happened there so if you want to look at Gurgaon selectively then yes it’s unsafe, but it’s only as unsafe and any other place you go in India. Rest you can make a conscience call :)
No it's not, don't try to diminish the intensity and concentration of crimes here. Compare it with mumbai or bangalore or Hyderabad which are 1 million times safer
I am from Bihar, currently at a firm in GGN. I have never felt unsafe here and this is the first time concerns relating to safety came up in my mind after reading this post
I m from MP.. have stayed in gurgaon for a few years. If you take the usual precautions, it is a very safe place to work:

1. Don't venture out alone at night

2. Avoid shady places

3. If you are a female and for any reason if you have to use an uber at night, make sure that you speak on phone to a friend and tell him/her the car number such that the cabbie hears the conversation

4. Traveling by autos is safer than ola uber

5. Make acquaintance with shop owners around your society - sabzi vala, kirana vala. These guys generally are locals who have resources to help when you are in triuble
A 5-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.
A 23-word comment posted 7 months ago was not published.