Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Hello Sir,
We are 5 brothers and have 5 katha roadside residential land inherited from father and land was neither partitioned nor demarcated. one of brother sold his share of 1 katha of land which was road facing compare to other 4 kathas. problem is he sold to his friend and got half amount some in cash and some in account transfer. rest half amount is still pending. while registration he said to registrar that yes he has got all the money as he was selling to friend and he trusted him that he will pay later. now friend has taken U turn and not paying the money. everyone in family is upset on this even his wife and son. he did not tell anyone in family that he has sold the land. we came to know only when we heard of his friend not paying the money and ditched. kindly suggest what to do in this case. we are fine if his friend pays rest of half amount if not then return the land. kindly suggest how to deal.
I had my money and my friend.
I gave my money to my friend.
I lost my money and my friend.
You have more than one option to explore including initiating criminal action. My suggestion is, please spend some money and hire a lawyer. Seeking legal advice of LL, can get you really good opinions, but why any one of us should support any action which results in some lawyer not making some money.
If land is neither partitioned or demarcated, he could not have sold a road facing portion without your consent. File civil suit with application for ad interim relief. Before that make sure you take over physical possession of that road facing portion - so that even if a status quo order is passed, you will be in possession of the entirety. That will bring the friend to settle.