Read 53 comments as:
Filter By
Many associates have left or currently are on notice period. Few partners dont have a single associate.
Haven’t Indian firms always seen a lot of attrition - don’t think it’s a new thing
About 10 associates have quit Nishith Desai Associates last month. I have the names but not publishing lest R might censor this comment. The firm continues to bleed profusely. The headcounts at all offices other than the Mumbai ones is now ridiculously low.
And no one wants to shift from 'track-changes' mode to 'change-tracks' mode.
Nothing has happened. No resignation. Everyone is sitting tight to continue their lives in track changes mode.
Bonus mil jaye bus. Uske baad will see what are they dangling in front of me.
Come 1st April. Law firms will be scorched dry out of talent-it'll be a sight to watch. Teams are functioning with literally one associate, one partner and one senior associate. Just wait and watch.
Expecting new FY attrition in TL comp team. Lots of unsettled overworked As and SAs I hear. And then then the lack of gratitude and democracy. Cherry on the top.
Hum dono kitte velle hai na? Mai random gane ga ra hu, tum uski meaning nikalne me lage ho. At least hum dono ko to resign kar hi dena chahiye.
In our profession it should be called THE GREAT RESHUFFLE. Mostly the folks keep on moving among the same set of firms. Every now and then a few firms die and few new ones emerge. But there is no fundamental change in our lives as all firms are mostly similar.
Translating above comment for benefit of Non-Hindi speakers

Bro, why are you being so loyal to the master, did he throw you a bone separately? And, at least wait for me to get my bonus in my hand.
Unfortunately for firms, given the linear passage of time, they can either focus on attracting and retaining gen Z talent or disappear :)
HR?CAM?AZB?...Taking stock in advance of how many resignations coming up leading to many vacancies that you would need to fill up and fast...good good
Bhai, tu toh kuch din pehle ek thread pe bola tha ki tu student hai? Yaha pe memes ke medium se kya gyaan baat raha hai?
Many already left from my team in December. Now it's just a few people overburdened with work. This is going to cause them to leave eventually too. It's a highly interconnected cycle.
I thought you were going to say itna paisa kamaake with no time - there's ' no biwi, na baccha, na baap' - no family time at all - only labour and money.
Bhai tu itna saga kyun ho raha hai maalik ka, alag se haddi daali thi kya tujhe? Aur bonus haath mein milne to de
Waiting to put my resignation papers on partner’s table. Bs wait krr bhai aur kuch din phir dekhna
Associates at CAM and SAM = Woman yelling at cat
Cyril and Shardul Shroff = Cat
Na Biwi Na Bachha Na Baap Bada Na Maiyan
The Whole Thing Is That Ke Bhaiya Sabse Bada Rupaiya
Yes, many are leaving. You should read about how covid has changed the mindset of people. People want to move to smaller cities and lead a calm and peaceful life.

No one cares about money anymore. Satisfaction and giving back to society will take precedence.
If you knew how law firms operate, you'd know that very few people leave in March since they'd be foregoing their bonuses. Wait for Aug/Sept.
Kaha gaye saare the next great resignation in Indian BigLaw vale? Aa gaya almost March, ab batao kitne A0-A2 are leaving