Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
A0 here. This is my primary concern. Yes, money is good. But when am I going to spend that money? One of the PAs in my team took her "annual leave", where she went AWOL for a month. Can't it be regularised for As-SAs too?
Quote:
Like a sabbatical/ rejuvenation break. The lawyer gets paid ΒΎth of the normal pay and the firm also saves ΒΌth, which can be used for hiring more people to to tide over the 3 months break for others.
What does this mean to you?
To add. Nobody gets paid during the 3 month leave, as per this model. It's unpaid leave. Read the OP again.
It need not be a 3 months replacement. It will be rotating.

Basically, say a team hires 4 associates. Every quarter (3 months), 1 associate goes on leave. At any point of time, the team will have 3 working associates.
Can somebody from NDA confirm how it has been in terms of on ground implementation?
Do you see any particular issue with that, if law firms do that? As long as client is adequately serviced and firm's revenue is not affected, I don't see as to why a client or the firm will have a problem.
Are the law firms trying to follow the merchant navy model wherein sailors work for 6 months for a shipping firm and take a sabbatical for the remainder of the year?
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3Px9Ol5nAJGwv483bNPdKp1gLIbHtggLVctMI-6rXnLKiHPHluWthQXk&s=10[/img]
This is fabulous. The whole 1 month vacation per year is sooo arbitrary.