Read 19 comments as:
Filter By
Is there any way CNLU students can get their VC sacked? FM's retirement from NALSAR has led to a major debate for the appointment of a new VC, whereas CNLU is functioning under an arrogant "INTERIM" VC for for over 3 years (who was not even associated with academia). It too deserves a discussion, so let's keep aside our differences for a while and offer a space for the betterment of lesser preferred NLUs too.
#Mridulamishraout
Now this is why ladies and gentlemen, there can never exist any sense of unity among the NLUs, so forget about nationalisation.
The CNLU students must file a petition seeking her resignation as it is blatantly illegal. An interim VC cannot occupy office for 3 years!! She is taking advantage of the pandemic!! But even without physical classes protists can be done. For example, a Zoom class protest where the screen is changed to #MridulaMishraOut and #NotMyVC.

I wish Kian was here. He would do a story on this and galvanise a protest, as he has done many times before. It's sad that LI has died and we only have pro-establishment sites like Bar & Bench.
Kindly refrain from such defamatory and false posts. Mridula Mishra ji is former High Court judge. It is matter of honour for CNLU to have former High Court judge as VC. No other NLU is having this privilege. Also, many transparency measures have been done, because there was lot of corruption under the old regime. We should remember also that Covid has been happening for 2 years, so actually it is 1 year only as acting VC. When Covid is over then a selection committee for the new VC may be constituted.

I think junior students who have no idea are writing such nonsense.
It would've been an honour if this would've aided in the development of the University. She may well be an imminent personality but that isn't doing any good to the University. The administration's functioning is marred with red-tapism & clearly, "honour" & "privilege" aren't really helping.

Also, pandemic or not, the University has been functioning. Administrative work hasn't stopped & it's a non-negotiable fact that CNLU has had an interim VC for well over 3 years.

Till when does the University wait for the pandemic to be over? Till when is the administration okay with ruining futures?
"No other NLU is having this privilege".
A privilege is defined as according a higher value or superior position to something. May I know any area where CNLU actually exercises a higher value or superior position (not required if your relative models are the likes of Patna Law College or CUSB Gaya)?
You might bring in the point of CNLU students going for options like judiciary. Well, then isn't it the last resort available to graduates coming from debt-laden middle class families who have to pay off their education loans and other expenses for an NLU Tag if their college fails to provide them with opportunities that an NLU is expected to?
Also, I wonder what transparency is being referred to in here. Annual reports aren't uploaded on the website, I wonder if this "Transparent" administration has even published it or not. The website sucks, so does most of the faculties.
I liked your College Patriotism, but patriotism often blinds you to the ground realities of systematic collapse. Your students keep begging their acquaintances from other NLUs for basis e-resources, what you provide with, most of it doesn't even function; leave alone any scopes of us getting provided with the likes of Kluwer Arbitration and other access' to standard academic resources and here sir you are justifying it all by shrugging off entire failure by labelling it as a comment from some junior student, Kudos.
It is not a privilege to have a retired judge head any NLU. They are usually completely clueless about what it takes to successfully run an educational institutional of repute, and I'm using those words loosely to include CNLU in the ambit.
If NLUO and NLUD can get new VCs during Covid, not sure if it is a good enough excuse
The senior batches did started a protest few months back, but got swayed away by an offer of online end sem exams by her lordship herself. Lol.
Yeah, Every student of CNLU wants this to happen. Even Alumni's too.
In the regime of Mridula Mishra, CNLU is degraded to that level that even the Central University of South Bihar is not giving any fuck to CNLU.
Stop complaining and do a protest. The old generation of CNLU students were brave and held protests that attracted nationwide media attention and got politicians to visit the college. Just see the archives of Legally India. This present generation of Gen Z snowflakes only knows how to complain, not take action.

See these stories by LI

https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/one-demand-per-protest-cnlu-locks-down-again-as-students-emerge-on-other-side-with-registrar-resignation-20180409-9266

https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/nujs-vc-ishwara-bhat-causes-campus-lockdown-at-cnlu-even-before-taking-seat-as-its-vc-00011130-9173
Not to sound rude or anything but if what were you expecting when you got into cnlu?