Read 89 comments as:
Filter By
You people can crib all you want. NIRF is the official government ranking and cited all the time in the media and taken seriously by the public, law aspirants and parents.
a super biased opinion given in the first comment: each law school has its own speciality Hons system. Cant compare on same benchmark
Left behind? How do you know that exactly? Ask NLUD to stop cheating students of the extra fees for AILET and join CLAT, and then we shall see. Random anecdotal evidence of X having left one NLU for another doesn't count.
NLUD average student quality is certainly way below that in Harvard. I can vouch for that, having studied at both.
I believe students quality at nlud is no way lesser than Harvard. Please don't think that they are superior . It is indian mentality to think them as above other races ,which is not proven. Moreover their entrance exam is for graduate students, so incomparable.
Nalsar is left behind as far as students choice is concerned. Nalsar is far way from city life and moreover nalsar and nujs have domicile reservation . So nluj is better choice over nujs for aspirants except aspirants from bengal .
Your comments say nothing favorable for your own university and the education that you have received, by the way.
Studying in the middle of nowhere, still kicking your a$$es. What does it say about your University i.e. RML
Finally, someone who knows what they are taking about and are not a troll
NIRF, QS are all deceptive. They don't verify any data and they can be 'hacked' without commensurate quality enhancement.
Nujs mess is better than Nalsar, that I know for sure. Can't comment on anything else
LOL, I agree with you, but honestly nowadays this is one of the only worthwhile conversations on LI.
"accept your inferiority" - atleast my University instilled me with humility and empathy. Looks like even after studying in the middle of nowhere you haven't succeeded in leaving your elitist and classist attitude. Speaks a lot about many things.
For someone who doesn't care about the discussion here, you sure tend to drone on and on about them! In addition, in which metric has NLU students 'lost out to JGLS students' yet exactly?
So all that you managed to establish is that despite all the quotas, NUJS students aren't still behind NLUD in any metric. So, your claim of superiority is debunked right there.
Why? The batch of 2021/22 had good placements. VCV and Uday Shankar are the best in business. What's not to agree?
Do you even know anything about these colleges? Have you even seen the placements HNLU is getting? You all are stuck at single digits while we're at double digits. Stop crying and accept your inferiority
Agar mehnat aur imaandaari hai to NLS, NUJS, NLUJ etc. jaana, agar nahi aur papa ke paas Audi ho to, JGLS Jaana (walk in admissions milega)
From someone who goes out to recruit on a regular basis your rankings seem fine to me. Consider situating NLUJ above JGLS. JGLS is deemed to be top 3 in some years but currently it just isn’t. I would have poised it at 6 below NLUJ.
Considering it takes 5 years to graduate I find jgls aptly ranked what’s the fuss about?
Bullshit rankings. Most would go for

1) NLUD or NLS
2) NLS or NLUD
3) NALSAR
4) NLUJ
5) NUJS or GNLU
6) NUJS or GNLU
7) Jindal
8) NLIU
9) HNLU
Don't know about the other things mentioned here about NUALS, but people studying there on an average seem to have a better appreciation of litigation skills compared to the other NLUs, based on my experience of interns and colleagues.
So you suggest people to choose HNLU or NLUO over JGLS? Of course if fee is an issue, you can go to DU or GLC. But your response is full of bias.

I think the ranking done by Memaxx who started this thread is more or less perfect.
Hi, I thought its obvious, but, the basic fallacy that you have is in thinking that all these factors have equal weightage. Please re-think
Quote:
The proper ranking is:
LOL
100% posted by an NLU D student/ alum

They're all over LI proclaiming superiority over everyone.
They'd downvote Yale Harvard Oxford if they could.
You should trust NIRF only if you consume from government ration stores exclusively over private grocery stores and supermarkets despite having the money to afford the latter. It is a completely useless metric.
JGLS LLM programme is definitely superior to all the other NLUs. No argument there. The NLUs treat their LLM programmes as a second rate thing anyway.
Wtf is NMIMS KPMSOL and why is it placed above GNLU, NLUD, NUALS and HNLU?
Don't make the mistake of choosing RGNUL or RMLNLU over NLUO or NUALS.
Definitely not RGNUL at any point of time. Maybe take RMLNLU. But if you're from South India definitely choose NUALS or NLUO over the other two.
Absolutely not. NUALS and NLUO are much better than HNLU on any day. Would put RML, NUALS and NLUO on the same pedestal and make a choice on the basis on geographical proximity. HNLU has only been going downhill from the past few years.
we probably don’t get to talk about β€˜student quality’ when more than 50% of our own come via state sponsored reservations
Yes, NLUD, NALSAR and NUJS are definitely interchangeable wrt rankings. It was difficult to rank them at 2, 3 and 4 but any of them could take up any of those spots tbh
And we should trust some law meme page guy instead of NIRF??? LMAO.
Has Hnlu’s recent performance failed you? As far as the placement report and their linkedin updates concern, they are way ahead of the likes of RML, RGNUL and NLUO. This is an outsider’s perspective tho.
HNLU is better than RMLNLU. How can you list it as fastest growing, it is literally one of the oldest NLUs. You may say that it is declining on the contrary, but fastest growing? Seriously?
NLUD is always choice of more students in compared to nalsar in the last 3 yrs . Nujs is not comparable is far as students choice with nlud is concerned inspite of all the beating through different post .
Apart from that JGLS anomaly. This is a fairly decent list for future LLBs. At least the top 8 (except jgls).