Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
I've seen a few posts here on LI who share links to websites which are behind a paywall and an alternate links to access them for those without a subscription. Is there a way to bypass the paywall and how to do it? I need to access a few articles behind paywalls for my research. I'm not being selfish, I would pay to support such writers absolutely, but since I need to access multiple websites, it's just not sustainable for me to pay for every website's subscription. Would be really grateful for any responses.
You have already saved a lot of rent money due to wfh. Saab free mai chaiye kya.
You have already saved a lot of money because of your insistence not to go for therapy. Please go for it now and spare us the gyan.
Student doesn’t mean you get a free pass at piracy. Gen Z’s sense of entitlement has reached pathetic levels. You cry if someone suggests A0-A2 shouldn’t get bonuses on top of their salaries but you are perfectly fine for a poor academician / researcher / writer losing out in revenue because you don’t want to pay up.
None of the paywall for articles is for paying the author or researchers. Only for profit making publishers. If you actually were aware of the academic publishing industry, then you would have known that.
β€œGen Z” as if Indian academia hasn’t relied on open access research and pirate databases for decades now.
Go to google and search for Bypass Paywalls github. Go to the first link; download the repository file, extract it, follow the instructions by enabling dev mode on extensions and install the file (by drag dropping it). Works like a charm for most foreign news sites.
You sir, are a god send! And it seems I have been living under a rock
Open ingonito mode. Search for the article on google. Open it in an tab. Revise, rinse, repeat. It works for me usually.
Someone also advise on how to access Livelaw, B&B too. Will be helpful. Thanks!
Ask the university to take a subscription for the library and then make it available via remote access. Several NLUs do that nowadays.
outline[dot]com works sometimes, but i think a lot of websites have caught up with it.
Typical Indian attitude: everything for free. Then crib on LI that IP law practice in India is not as big as in the US.
If you have the doi of the article, use the scihub website - this is for journals. For news/websites, incognito/different browser/incognito on second device, also a couple of browser extensions available on Chrome.
If the article has been indexed on google you could try to open the cached version of it by pressing the drop down arrow beside the link and selecting "cached". You could also tweak your settings to look like you are google's crawler by changing your user-agent in your browsers settings. Some websites allow full access to google's user agent for the purpose of a better SEO ranking.
There is no need to be ashamed or embarassed about this. Information should always be free. When you are paying, you are not really supporting the author. You are supporting a capitalist corporate.

There are multiple ways to access academic content behind paywalls. Some of them have already been listed online.

If you do a google search in paywall bypass, you will find a lot more options.

But if you are sure about what you want, and the author is still alive, contact the author. They will be more than happy to help you out. If the author cannot be contacted via email, reach out to their critics / followers / supporters. Everyone is more than happy to help.

These corporate rats won't understand why information should always be free.
just go to google search paywall bypass github . click on first link and follow instruction and downlaod extension