Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
I am a part of a boutique law firm. We have a small team of 12-13 lawyers based out of Mumbai. Recently, 3 of my colleagues were tested positive. However, our 'Founding Partner' has advised us to continue with regular routine with necessary precautions (wearing masks). I am not from Mumbai, I stay in a rented accommodation alone. I am extremely worried about my health because if I test positive, there will be nobody to help me with any household chores and I will not be in a position to travel back to my native place.

Being an old school partner, he doesn't encourage WFH because he thinks nobody works from home and people only chill. He cannot trust his associates at all. I am left with no option but to commute regularly through public transport and attend office. Therefore, I would request you to suggest an alternative or a practical solution to resolve this issue as I am left to fend for myself.

P.S - Operationally, management is extremely old school, they even count number of tea / coffee consumed by an Associate.
Its the same at "large" law firms or "smaller platforms".No one is supposedly actually working from WFH as per partners who insist on mandatory WFO even in covid outbreaks, while the law firm owners and partners are already starting to fight for their pie of profits come last quarter.These profits come when work actually happens, but come discussion about WFH and suddenly phrases like"WFH is not actually working at all,no real work gets done" will get thrown around.And then its end of WFH discussion.Stay put and bear it all because the legal profession has become like this.What can one do.