Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
From combing through the threads here, I think it is quite clear that many of us are experiencing burn out.

I personally have reached a stage where I can see that I'm jeopardizing my job, but just cannot focus long enough to get anything done.

Does anyone have experience successfully battling or overcoming burnout? Tips would be appreciated.
Go in house - burnouts happen only once a month rather than on a daily basis.
I can relate to this so much. My productivity has gone down drastically and I feel like a liability now. But I also know that this is because of the fact that I pushed myself for over a year relentlessly, with hardly any break and working most weekends. Wish people could see that a less strenuous work culture is beneficial not just for associates' mental health but also for overall productivity of the firm in the long run.

Apart from taking periodic breaks (which apart from maybe once or twice a year is not really an option for me) or quitting, could anyone who has been through this please shed some light on how to overcome? If quitting to go in house is the only solution I'm open to considering it, but if there are any other ways to deal with this I would like to give it a shot first.
Quit. Burnout is a strong indicator that you are meant for doing other things.