Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Bumping - What are the rentals for a 3BHK like around 2000Sq feet? Broker contacts, please.
With residents like NK Kaul, Sr Adv living in stately homes with large lawns, I would reckon that

- a builder flat in Civil Lines would be harder to come by (compared to the addresses abovementioned)
- the cost of living at Civil Lines would be on the higher side (compared to a Jangpura/ Nizamuddin/ Defence Colony; owing to higher travel costs/ longer travel time to Supreme Court/ DHC, higher property tax, relatively large plot size)

Civil Lines - SC/ DHC/ Patiala House is a good 40-minute drive on a rush hour. 15-20 minutes on the weekend/ non-rush hours. Is that a good thing? You decide. I would prefer roughing it out at a Jangpura/ Lajpat/ Defcol/ Safdarjung address - owing to better proximity to all the action + I get Lutyens/ south Delhi resident bragging rights!

Although, I would agree, Civil Lines is a nice neighbourhood in the northern half of Central Delhi. Lots of green and wide roads. A locality of the old aristocratic families of Delhi - although, note - most of them have left!

The CM and LG live there, bringing VIP benefits for those living immediately around them.

The Ridge area and Qudsia Bagh is a haven for leisure cyclists and runners.
It’s good but I would advise to you look at other options in south Delhi as well. Sda, Hauz Khas Enclave, Anand lok, Mayfair gardens etc etc are much more peaceful than defcol.
I wish to pursue a career in litigation and live in a safe neighbourhood that’s not more than 45 mins from the Supreme Court. Jangpura, GK and Def Col don’t appeal to me - oversaturated with some Lex Bla Bla Bla Obscure Law Firm #cringeoverload! Parking hassles galore. I hear that Civil Lines (Delhi) is a good option and the rentals there offer waay better bang for the buck - being a bungalow zone. I also hear that Civil Lines now has vibrant nightlife too.

I want more insights, though. Anyone?