Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
Our admin is adamant and wants to compulsorily bring back everyone onto campus. Was in college when 5 people got covid. Such an anxious time for my parents and they are completely against me going back now. I just wanted to run back home. It was optional then, now it's compulsory even after this happening. Don't know anyone in college. Barely know my batchmates and I don't know any seniors. It'll be very bad if I get covid or something. Doesn't seem like the admin is listening to anyone.college has kept aside one room in the hostel for isolation if someone gets covid... As if they already know that there will be infections spreading. I'm honestly super scared and idk what to do.
Relax! Things are not as difficult as they seem to be. People are regularly attending offices in Mumbai amidst the rise in cases. The world should not stop, AGAIN. If your admin is showing the grit, they need to be appreciated. They must have made the arrangements. Also, if they feel like the situation is getting out of control, they will do the needful. They won't gamble with the lives of students. As for the past incident of students being tested positive, that happened in innumerable colleges across the globe! Don't panic. They wouldn't have called you, if things were so bad. Besides Kerala has a great health infra, so chill. Enjoy in campus and make friends. Call seniors and profs if you needed, they won't mind(100%).

Also, my advice is twofold. Firstly, don't freak out before your parents, this makes them nervous and worsens the situation. Secondly, if you are genuinely hellishly freaked out even now, then mail the admin and ask for an exception, citing some family member's medical condition which needs care (mandating your presence at home).
Thank you for you kind response! But the past incident of infections I'm referring to is in the first week of this month (Dec 2021) 😰
We opened up in optional hybrid mode in November last week. Covid outbreak in Dec. Then the entire hostel went into quarantine mode and it ended with 5 people getting infected from each other. They all recovered just one or two weeks back.
This really looks like a gamble again as they're opening again compulsorily now. They can keep it optional and allow whoever wants to attend no. No objections to that. I haven't even got both my doses.
Agreed. Foolish decision in that case. Hope they rectify it. Double Vaccination is the bare minimum. Hope they make it optional.
https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news/kerala/kerala-likely-to-report-25-000-omicron-cases-per-day-by-feb-experts-kerala-omicron-cases-experts-1.6314526

Mathrubhumi reporting that there would be 25,000 cases per day in Kerala if the spread isn't contained. It's decisions like the ones taken by the NUALS admin which will increase numbers and harm innocent civilian lives around the campus as well. Completely avoidable situation.
Marked as Trollish. Because someone pointed out reality in NUALS - Kerala.

R is a Kerala Lefty Communist and LI as a platform doesn't like any comment against puppet masters.
R, I am the person who posted the comment 3 which has been moderated as 'trollish'.

I would genuinely want to know how anyone reached that conclusion!

The instance I described speaks to the general trend of questionable decisions of the admin whose new decision is the issue raised by OP here, and is thus, clearly relevant enough to not be deemed 'trollish' here.

Further, every word written in the comment is true to the extent that it can be verified by a simple Google search - with LI's investigative posts of the past itself serving as substantiation! In fact, the mismanagement under NUALS administration was such that an entire panel was created by the SC under Justice Hariharan Nair to look into the matter - with the panel finding several faults & defects in the conduct of the exam! [ https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/archive/nation/news-detail-603154/ ]

As for NUALS' decision of going for a cheaper technology provider and its changed interface instead of the standard service provider, they went for Sify instead of TCS, and even this information is available - for example on Bar & Bench [ https://www.barandbench.com/apprentice-lawyer/technical-glitches-mar-conduct-clat-2018-across-country/ ].

As for the VC's comments effectively dismissing concerns, her comments were in fact given in an interview with LI [ https://www.legallyindia.com/pre-law-student/clat-2018-90-smooth-says-nuals-kochi-remaining-10-of-the-59300-candidates-devastated-20180514-9342/ ] and an analysis of her insensitive & "shameful" responses can be found on Lawctopus [ https://www.lawctopus.com/why-nuals-vc-prof-rose-vargheses-response-on-clat-2018-is-false-and-shameful/ ].

Apart from NUALS administration's lack of foresight & insensitivity, the only other claim was with respect to how their decision to reopen amidst demonstrated rising COVID cases 'toys with life'. I'm sure that this needs no further substantiation in any case, unless this was moderated with an anti-vaxx motive.

In this light, given that my comment is substantiated from LI posts itself, the only way in which one could reasonably moderate my comment as trollish is if LI's own posts in the past were trollish. I'm sure the same wasn't the intended perspective, in which case, R, I would request you to remove the trollish moderation from the earlier comment.
It was reported by 2 people as being unnecessarily critical towards NUALS in the context of the thread. The facts are not contested.

- R
Well it's optional here in ganloo so Rona bnd kr nhi jana my jaa everyone is an adult here and can decide for themselves
Dude, I am from GNLU. I know it's unsafe right now to open the campus. But, its optional in GNLU. Why don't you understand this?

Those who are okay with the risk, may come. Their parents should also agree as admin wants a consent form from their parents as well.

Those, who don't want that risk, may opt not to come to campus. College is not even asking for Mess and Hostel fees from them. Classes are anyways going to be online.

If you don't want to go, don't. But stop complaining about every single thing. Although, I am not a big supporter of GNLU admin but they have done nothing wrong here. When admin is right, we should support it and not put irrelevant and stupid comments here on legally India.
Dude honestly you should go get a life. Why do you continue to hate on people who have nothing to do with your lowly self.
GNLU has opened up on a voluntary basis with a detailed SOP in place, along with floor isolation, dedicated isolation wards, RTPCR testing facilities and various other checks and balances in place for the safety of the students.
The attendance has not been made mandatory and it is solely upto the discretion of the student to do as they deem right.
Tujhe nahi aana toh mat aa na, ghar pe baith aur yaha pe aise hi hate kar dusro ko.
R, please do a preliminary check before allowing such comments.
The username of the person involves the name of a batchmate of mine alongwith derogatory terms used beside it.
Please prevent this vile moron from posting any of his venom here.
Don't know anything abt you, bt looking at ur words it seems that u got into gnlu through Quota. Ppl like u getting into NLUs is shocking. Wat a loser you sound like tho.
What is even more funny is that NUALS is planning to cover almost half of the portions in most of the subjects for second years, which they have failed to cover in 2 or 3 months in two weeks time, in addition to this we have internals , vivas/presentation etc. all which are pending. God only knows how NUALS is going to finish it off in two weeks. And also they are forcing to conduct offline exams amidst this pandemic...
Im talking abt 2025 and 2026 batch

God save NUALS
A 199-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.