Read 37 comments as:
Filter By
for real, i cant stop laughing at these "harvard of the east" BS peddlers. People leave countries to go to Harvard and other reputed ivy league institutions. People don't even leave their home towns 200 kms apart to go to NLSIU lmao
Nobody other than delusional people connected with NLSIU actually claims or claimed that.
NLS has more Jessup wind than NUS! The latter has won the competition more than anyone in the world.

NLS has more Rhodes than Peking because latter isn’t part of the commonwealth.
NLS has won it twice. NUS has won it 4 times. You should check Wiki yourself. The comment was about NUS and not Harvard.
also nls has just won jessup once lol, why are they still flexing about it
ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!! It has won twice, not once. Plus runner up a well. I request the moderator to ban comment 3.1.2.
NUS is actually second in that regard. I think Sydney currently holds those honours (6, as compared to 4 by NUS). NLSIU only has 2.
NLSIU has outperformed NUS? Is that why NLSIU students grab at chances to do their Masters from NUS instead of from their own alma?
Quote:
Then NLSIU VC Venkata Rao: "For years, they have been saying the National Law School is a Harvard of the East but our vision is to make people call Harvard the Bangalore of the West."
I wanna have this much confidence in life. 😎
Legal luminaries from that time give this nickname. Do not blame NLSIU students. Why will students give themselves this nickname?
Again, it is not known as such other than to people associated with it. And counter the western model of education? Lol! It seems that it is again regressing then back to the same model, having reintroduced 3-Year LLB.
It was originally called β€œDharwad of the East” because Bangalore was to the east of Dharwad. This was by a professor who joined NLS from a college in Dharwad. β€œDharwad” was mistaken to mean β€œDa Harwad” which became β€œThe Harvard” of the east.
I think calling NLS as "Harvard of the East" is totally off the mark. Rather, it's high time now that Harvard be called "NLSIU of the West"
If you are trying to be sarcastic, read OP. Venkata Rao already said so.