Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Do not insult a software job. These folks operate the world and have international mobility. We are a mere speck of dust in front of them ! Work life balance, they have it ! Moolah, they have it ! Foreign trips, they have it
At the very top, lawyers make more, I guess. Unless, the software engineer gets into a managerial role.

However, in the middle and at the bottom - software engineers are fairing well. As you stated, TCS for mass recruitment and FAANG or startups for the middle ones.
Unfair comparison. The comparison should be whether to work in an NGO or a lawfirm for lawyers. Stop glorifying money.
It is. However, my biased crept in since I am a workaholic, and sitting idle after a certain age when I would be physically and mentally fit, haunts me.
The point is that CLAT / NLU / Moot Courts / All that mental gymnastics is not required. Since developers have access to a global market, you could take it slow and still be on top with a good work life balance.
kitne ghante kaam karta h bhai tu......kaise pareshaan h......mahine k laakhon mil rahe honge tujhe to