Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Legal sector is a very small world. When someone applies for a lateral position in law firms, does the recruiter also check with the persons the applicant has earlier worked with? In short, do they ask around about the credentials of an applicant before hiring him/her? Please do respond. Thanks in advance.
KCO does.
They have hired an agency to carry out detailed background check.
After the offer is given. It's a basic background check to verify that someone is not lying about their education and past employment records. I don't know if it also entails doing a criminal check. It's very much in line with what pretty much all companies do.
Considering how often partners get bitter, I don't think it's a good idea.
A friend had applied for a job, the prospective employer did a reference check with the partner. Though, the partner gave a good reference, the employer didn't hire my friend instead chose a judge's daughter.
The partner then made life hell for the colleague.
So, is it very likely that a prospective recruiter checks about an applicant with his/her current partner if they know each other? That's very awkward for an applicant. :(
Let us say that an offer is made. But during the background verification, if the partner / PA / SA at the previous organisation does not give a good report, would that lead to a direct termination of the new candidate ?