Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
I want to know how much do think tanks and policy organizations (Vidhi, Centre for Law and Policy Research etc.) pay to freshers plus what are the work hours.
Vidhi starts with 9 LPA to freshers. Differs in case of people with work ex. Hours aren't too bad, around 9-10 per day, Sundays are usually off, can be flexible based on your research topic. Focuses more on deliverables rather than how long you spend in office.
Vidhi I assume pays higher compared to other think tanks and development sector focused agencies. An average development sector / think tank salary usually start around 40k per month and most such organisations which pay the aforesaid salary per month usually have a very well balanced work timings which is 9-5 job.
What are develpment sector agencies? I'm clueless, can you name a few?
Vidhi doesn't even hire freshers.

You have to have atleast 2 years experience, with references, and atleast as many noticeable publications for their HR to even glance at your CV
Not accurate information. Experience is always preferable, but not essential. Moreover, there are plenty of people working in Vidhi without any quality publication to their credit. Stop spreading misinformation.
You seem to be masquerading as a person having information about every field all across the threads. Ranging from law school insider info to recruiting policy of your law firm to policy bodies' hiring pattern. Please do your own research in that case. Nobody owes you their labour.
Fancy way of saying "no idea".

My ex works for CPR, and has been, unsuccessfully, trying to get into vidhi. The requirements that I posted above are verified and correct.
Maybe they’re just looking for polite ways to turn her down :)
Any research organisation or NGO is better than working at a lawfirm. use your education for a greater cause.
Greater cause like lobbying against right to privacy and designing invasive regulations for governments? Sure.
From where does Vidhi get the money pay to 60 per cent of the salary that Amarchand pays to the fresher. What revenue do they generate?
This is not the gotcha you think it is. While NGO funding is a serious concern, SCAM/TL/AZB/KCO have been underpaying their junior lawyers. Fresher pay has not meaningfully gone up in 10 years, when every other sector has seen 1.5-2x increases for equivalent junior roles.