Read 57 comments as:
Filter By
Yes, what about them? Don't remember me being friends with the people who supported killing of KPs either. Not that the present government has done anything to help them either till date.
It doesn't lack substance. You should travel and know your country better. Or at least read things other than whatsapp forwards.
There's nothing complex about BJP politics. It is actually hinging upon bringing the basest of human traits. Case in point, the recent 'Hindu Mahasabha' hate speeches.
Only Liberals can be reductionist enough to reduce complex politics in terms of "do you hate/love hoomans?"

Cute.
Yeah they didn’t really differ in their opinions (and rulings) on race and indigenous rights. Friendships can be forged based on proximity and class solidarity, but OP’s friends clearly had better options.
Bruh what indirect genocide. Stop throwing around unsubstantiated words like these. This is what makes a lot of people opposed to civil society.
Do being a capitalist and blindly
supporting increasing surcharges and cess, taking random decisions like DeMon and Lockdown without considering their implications ? Because the economy says no.
No point arguing with these wokes. Just make new friends. From my experience it's always been best for your mental health to stay away from such people who don't know how to prioritise things.
That's because governments at that time did not argue for alienating part of the population or indirect genocide, lynching etc.
RBG and Scalia were great friends! Did RBG/Scalia lack a moral compass to not shun friendships over political opinions? You be the judge.
You should be the last person to be lecturing others on friendship, buddy
Being a capitalist, and believing in CPI and CPI(M) drivel certainly do not, and neither does hounding a businessman out of state (ahem Mamata Banerjee, singur, Tata factory)
I get the point you're making but your comment reeks of casteism and classism. If you really understood caste and class privilege, you would have worded this comment differently.
Again, you are assuming that you would be my friend despite having an ideology that calls for violation of my rights. I simply don't make friends with such people. Clearly, that is difficult for you to understand, which is probably also a side effect of your ideology.
Why don’t you file a UAPA case against them, maybe that will work?
Literally no political party has called for the abolition of the army lol stop using the jawans in Siachen as an excuse for your bigotry
you're implying the people who post these BS topics or comments are gonna get jobs lmao. They're mostly bottom of the barrel law school students doing nothing. Have to take out their frustration on something, so they unload it on LI.
Dude just keep your 1st yr high aside. By the time you end law school you will realise dat all these 'so called friends' just came and used you for their selfish interests.
Learn to love and enjoy alone, don't act so immature and spoilt kid.
You want to be friend with me and also support policy decisions that compromise my rights. Can't really have your cake and eat it too.
Yes, because being a capitalist and a believer in fascism always go hand-in-hand.
If I have to convince you not to support those who commit such atrocities, then you are really that sort of person with whom I don't want to be friends with. What does activism have to do with my personal choice about who I want to hang out with?
A 119-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I thought activism was about having conversations with people who have perspectives to things different from what you hold and trying to convince them to think correctly. Cutting them off doesn't help you or your movement to end the "fascist" regime.
A 463-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Buddy, you're really well intentioned. It's people like you who keep the world accountable. Society absolutely needs people like you.
But you've got the idea of friendship all wrong. I wish you the best.
Client is different and friendships are different how is that so hard to understand
A 58-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
How to be friends with people who have a pov that denies my identity my existence?
It's easy to say all this with the privilege of not being personally affected by that diff pov.
Don't worry. All of these wokes will end up at SAM, CAM AZB etc, and end up working for Ambani Adani etc.
Professional and social circles of sane people often differ. Just because my work demands that I interact with you, that doesn't mean I need to include you in my personal life.
Rise Arjun, do not be tired. Arise, awake and fight for Dharma.

This is not the time to lament for long lost times of simple living.

Times have become complicated.

A great game is unfolding.

Find your role in it and fulfil it.
Its not just law school. Social media has polarized people everywhere. I have seen such arguments in family group as well.