Read 75 comments as:
Filter By
I just get the sense there are very few of us in this space who are famous, which is weird as every random college produces famous famous people in this space.
The only famous lawyers in India are the politicians (Chidambaram, Sibal, Jaitley, Salman Khurshid, Ravi Shankar Prasad, ram Jethmalani) or some senior advocates who are always in the news( salve, Satish mane Shinde, Rohatgi, Ujjwal Nikam). Bassi the standup comedian was from rmlnlu I think.
Noor Anand Chawla has a PHENOMENAL following on Instagram. Her writings have improved over time, like mellow wine!

She is SELF MADE, SELF TAUGHT & ORIGINAL.
Flying beast (Gaurav Taneja with 7M+ subscribers)
a law student at Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
Naina Panchnanda, 42K Instagram followers and featured in many media reports. She is an alum of NUJS and did her schooling from Carmel Convent Chandigarh, DPS RK Puram and Loreto House Kolkata. Her father was police commissioner of Kolkata and her brother is a Supreme Court lawyer. She has written a poetry book and is a qualified tarot card reader as well. She works with Invest India. She was named among 100 emerging women leaders. You can see on social media that she presented her book to many ministers and VIPs.

Despite her privileged upbringing and fame she is very down to earth and interacts with her followers and fans.

πŸ‘‡
https://www.instagram.com/naina.pachnanda
Lol honestly what's a qualified tarot card reader!
Peddling hogwash to insecure humans is what it is.
Qualified Tarot card reader. That's some achievement.
If only a less privileged person from a village puts that as a credential, the poor chap would be called a trickster.
THIS. One of the best comments I’ve read lately. If nithyananda paramashivam (NP) has actually given good counsel to suffering souls, he’s a fraud..but if another NP does it, she’s a qualified one...
Sad to see the downvotes to comment 3. There is a disturbing trend happening in LI where readers (who are overwhelmingly male) try to put down successful women. This the toxic masculinity and bro culture of law schools.
Matlab na koi data about men downvoting, na hi koi aur indication. I love how people take such leaps of faiths even amongst the educated elite.
You should have been able to predict it. Didn't you get a tarot reading done in advance?
I think her tarot related qualifications had more part to play in the downvotes than her being a women.
Quote:
where readers (who are overwhelmingly male)
Wonder how you reached this conclusion. Are you suggesting that women are not capable of reading Legally India.
Aakash Mehta - Stand up Comedian has a degree in law.
Sherry Shroff - Influencer, has a degree in law.
Shyamolie Parikh was an associate at Veritas Legal. She is an instagram influencer now with around 40k followers!
I follow arpit bala from jgls on ig, he’s hilarious. Didn’t know he was from JGLS till his last live session
Who, who and that guy who's famous only because he topped DJS, then quit because he wasn't making enough money in DJS?
Isn't Priyanka the woman who falsely claims to be the first female founder of a successful Indian law firm?
Abyuday and Ramanuj of Law Sikho.

Lawsikho has 78K subscribers.

Haters at LI can rub salt on thier wounded a**
Every down vote shows the success. They showed that Local College kids can out compete NLU brats.
In which part of the industry have people from 'local law colleges' outperformed NLU students after having received this life changing training from Lawsikho exactly? Other than linkedin posts about LPO work, I am yet to see any instance.
How can you people leave out J Sai Deepak? The biggest of them all. 200k+ Twitter followers and bestselling author.
Pratik Sehajpal, the Big Boss contestant :P Has done law from some private law school I think.
There was a TikTok boy from Jindal who had pretty big following. Forget his name
Anubhav Singh Bassi: Stand up comedian
Amish Aggarwala: Youtuber

I only know these two.
NewsX has featured Naina Panchnanda in their "A-List" show, which profiles young achievers. Interview below. It's sad that LI readers hate on others and cannot appreciate their success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgp9SgAMesg
Again, what exactly is the nature of this success? Writing a book on poetry?
So here's the thing: making it to any list by NewsX or any other publication does not make you an achiever. You pay and you get a listing, as simple as that. For example: https://www.legalpowerlists.com/registration (this is from Forbes India). By paying just 15k one can be in the top 100 lawyers list. 15k. That's what, 12-13% of an A0s monthly salary at a law firm? So that's how 'valuable' you being recognised as a good lawyer is.

On the author bit: You do realise that being an author is no achievement by itself? It is no longer so difficult to publish a book. One can publish a book on Kindle sitting at home. Her first book 'A New India', which she terms as 'patriotic poems', was just a collection of poems in praise of the Modi govt schemes (LOL). I don't see her books on Goodreads, so there's no objective way to judge if she is a good or a bad author. Please do not even mention Instagram or Amazon reviews. Those are mostly paid reviews - you only need to pay 50 - 200 bucks for a review and the reviewer cannot post a negative review. There again, that's how 'valuable' you being recognised as a good author is.

But again, you can always create fake hype about yourself if you have all the right connects in the right power circles and the cash to burn. Thankfully, Legally India still exists for calling out BS.
Stop seeking others' validation, will you? It's just embarrassing. If you feel that she is an achiever, then what others' feel shouldn't matter. People are entitled to their opinions just like you are to yours. Getting followed by random jobless boys on a social media platform (who would just about follow any decent looking female) and being a "qualified tarrot card reader" may be the height of achievement to you, others may have a different opinion. It's not that she has won the nobel prize in physics, so just stop it.
Jagannath Nanda, from NLU Kochi. He runs The Bharat Leaning YouTube channel that is becoming very popular now.
Shakti Hada (ex-AMSS and RGNLU) makes a lot of ads and short films. He even made one on Balakot air strike. It’s called End Run (here’s the link: https://youtu.be/aZeea3Y_Gjo )
It’s pretty awesome.
Follow Akshay Shandilya on Instagram. He's a SA in Trilegal. Not a influencer yet has around 700 followers but amazing content. Hilarious and largely relatable!
Naina Panchnanda has also been covered by CNBC, Indian Express and dozens of other media houses. But I feel she is just praising the Modi government. Her book of patriotic poems was launched by Smriti Irani. Also, she wrote this article for Invest India praising Modi. See these lines. Is this the way to write policy analysis and should Invest India publish such things?

"India’s untiring patriot and corona warrior Prime Minister Narendra Modi"

" It is only due to the proactive measures of our Prime Minister that India seems to have suppressed the curve so far."

"The Prime Minister will certainly glide the country on the right path. His credibility is evident from the fact that the entire country rose together with the clapping of hands and lighting of lamps, on his clarion call."

"This is the time for the entire nation, in its fortitude, to come together and effectuate the vision of the Prime Minister"

https://www.investindia.gov.in/team-india-blogs/prime-ministers-road-map-making-india-self-reliant
Invest India is a govt body. What else do you expect. She works at Invest India - only buttering her pay master.
Akshay Shandilya aka thedukeofnuke on insta. He makes bloody good reels!
Checkout Akshay Shandilya! He goes by the name of @DukeOfNuke on instagram and is hilarious. His law firm connected reels/gags are super relatable!
Xavier Uncle with 30000 followers on twitter, who post hilarious memes
Kyra DCunha from JGLS. In this video she discusses how she was bullied at JGLS just for dressing fashionably and called nasty names (even by girls). Then she worked hard, got good marks and shut up the haters. Today she is with CAM and a role model for girls who face bullying. πŸ‘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSk08-qQ7EE
Kamiya Jani (Curly Tales) has an LLB degree from some Advani Law College, according to her bio.
I have a friend I wanted to mention.
Harshil Vijayvargiya, GNLU 2022.
He's genuinely trying to help law aspirants and law students without selling anything (for now).
Here's his YouTube channel. And his blogs.
Hope you like them.

https://youtube.com/c/HarshilVijay

https://whysolegal.com/salaries-paid-by-indian-law-firms-all-you-need-to-know/
Samiksha pednekar. Sister of Bollywood actress bhoomi pednekar

Jgls graduate
There is very famous entrepreneur Prakhar Mishra, he is from an NLU. He made various ventures and is now killing it at Physics Walah. He is very popular man, bet on him; he's the next big thing on internet
A 21-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I'm not even gonna argue with this. What a load of horseshit. But I bet you thought you sounded so smart when you typed this.
A 13-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 57-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.