Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
Folks working there please tell what are the pros and cons, salary, typical day at office.
The notification for the next recruitment is about to come soon. The exam is decently competitive, so first start preparing and then take a call.
The notification is out. The exam dates are in February and March.
Does SEBI also post lawyers at New Delhi? Or are they posted only at Mumbai?
Based on info from public domain, it seems that 85-90% of staff are posted at the Mumbai office. So the odds of being posted somewhere else is quite less. However, they may post a few lawyers in Delhi for handling supreme court litigation.
I know a couple of people who are posted in Kolkata at present, so surely other cities are an option too.
See pretty much all substantial work of SEBI happens out of Mumbai HQ. Other offices are more like contact centres to hear investor grievances. So from career advancement and exposure perspective, every office except BKC is a 'hardship posting'.
Do you work at SEBI? If yes, can you please tell us more about the job? How much is the pay and what are the career opportunities for people in the legal stream? Quora has some answers but they are very broadly worded and not particularly catering to the legal stream.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF BUMP? PLS EXPLAIN? Don't mark this as trollish. Genuine question.
It basically is a way to add comments to the thread, so that it appears on LI's main page and people who might have something productive to contribute are able to do so.
Bump is to ensure that this post doesn't go down to irrelevance.

If you type bump - Atleast it will stay somewhere on the top of LI Page.
Bro they're trying to increase the reach of the post, they want the answer so trying to make sure the post stays at top. I don't understand the reason for these down votes, they'll probably down vote me too lol
Bhai, SEBI Chairman is IAS. Take UPSC and try to be among the lucky 70 out of 12,00,000 aspirants to get IAS in general category. Good luck. Why do you want to take orders from IAS officers?
Han because SEBI grade A aur UPSC same competitive level k exam hain, haina? Moreover, better to take directions from a joint secretary level ias than a 10th fail MLA.
Try to find people who are working there on LinkedIn. Not sure if people working in SEBI would visit legallyindia.
Yes, that means they probably have more of a life than coming to LI to read the latest complaints that disgruntled law firm personnel/law students have to make. :)
Well Detailed answer. Could you please compare the salary from PQE 4 onwards?
Afaik SA1 makes 30LPA which is equal to what Grade B officer would make.
Hi, thanks for the detailed answer. Could you please tell me if the employment period at SEBI would be counted in experience as advocate required for appearing in higher judiciary exam? Sorry, if it is ignorant on my part, but I really want to know this.
Looks like they have even increased the pay with effect from this year. The salary would be even more now.

https://youtu.be/szyJvciIEQs
Is it possible for a sebi grade a officer to join a law firm after remaining in sebi for 4-5 years
Yes, look at ELP - some ex - SEBI Officers are working there. Some have started securities law advisory firms - Sandeep Parikh (Finsec law) Sumit Agarwal (Regstreet).

But I won't advice anyone to leave such a lucrative job to go into private practice/firms.
Sandeep Parekh wasn't a SEBI officer. He had been appointed as an ED via lateral entry for a period of time.
Avoid. No growth. People struck in C grade for 12-17 years. Half of career spent in C grade.
A 35-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.