Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Hindi-only gangs vs English only gangs

Either you are a RW bigot or a woke bigot: no nuance

Cheap low-level politics and backstabbing during placements and internships

Toxic misogyny all round, open culture of rating of junior girls by senior boys: speaking normally about a girl without using offensive terms gets you labelled as a simp

Reserved category students vs unreserved

How did it come to this? Were NLUs always such toxic places?
NLUs were really good and exciting places till 2017-18. We enjoyed with our friends and had a lot of fun. However, excessive use of social media and internet access has resulted in such toxic atmosphere.

Metro - Non- Metro Divide has been there from ages!
Social media has done so much of damage. Sometime I feel the country is just a recession away from a full fledged civil war or maybe I am just thinking too much.
You're thinking too much, yes. I'm a former extremist from one of the end of the political spectrum. Miserable and cribbing about everything and everyone around me. Had a problem with everything. Realised it was me, my approach and my perspective to life.... further worsened by social media.

Most of the population is leading their lives normally in the physical realm. Once you open Twitter or Instagram you see things collapsing around you. It's made to seem bigger than it actually is. Get off these sites and you'll realise life isn't as chaotic up as it is "made to seem like" but is much more beautiful.

Quit social media. For real.
It's good that you realised now itself. I am a student from a top NLU and have myself seen students getting depressed and having anxiety attacks on opening any social media app. Though a small fraction of these students have altogether left this "Fake Media", others who are not willing to accept the detrimental effects are reeling immensely under it.
All in all, our generation is fcked up!!!!!
Each and every point written is true af. Though the situation was pretty good till the 2021 pass out batch.
And nobody knows it better than me and my friends since we are stuck in probably the "most TOXIC", selfish, bipartisan batch, that is the (..) batch of (...)
In my college, tho other batches are extremely brilliant and selfless, our toxic batch has spoilt everything. Have never seen such toxicity anywhere before. Sadly, my batchmates are proud of this sort of cheap toxicity being spotted by our batch.
No need to mention the batch. Everyone in the cllg knows of the batch. Being a final yr student of the cllg I can say fr sure that this batch is the epitome of all the toxicity present in NLUs.
Gen Z NLU kids are literally from a different planet. I feel Boomers, Gen X and Gen Y can relate to each other and get along, despite many generational differences. However, there is zero congruence with Gen Z, sorry to say.
The GENZ batch started from the batch of 24/25 and is still ongoing. Even among that the very recent batch is showing signs of disappointment
Barring first five older institutes, all other NLUs started as mediocre law colleges and they remain extremely mediocre. Some of them are so bad, you can not send your child to study for one year like Jabalpur, Ranchi, Patna, Shimla or Sonipat. Naturally they will be toxic. Any academic institution where faculty is mediocre and below average, and students are entitled with a false sense of ego, that is bound to be toxic and unhealthy.

The good older NLUs like Bangalore and Hyderabad were never toxic and they remain amazing even now.
NLSIU is one of the most toxic places ever. They just hide it better than most.
This is the ego thats being talked about. Major part of the toxicity is t1 nlu students fighting among themselves
Istg like why do all nlus fight against each other mahn?

Like limit all these fights to just moots and not online abuse.

Its worse among the t1 nlus
Heard that GNLU'24 is v toxic batch among other tier 1 nlus. Why is it so?
Still has more funding and hype than any t1 including nagarbhavi laa school
It's my senior batch, and one thing I can assure you is that it is one of the best batches in our college. The individuals from that batch are always available to offer help, regardless of the time my friends or I reach out to them.
depends on you tbh. Stay off excessive social media usage and just try to be more active in real life. Life is much more fun and you won't even be thinking about this stuff. Social media really has people thinking about all sorts of problems that they can't even solve. If you can't change it don't be bothered by it mentally like climate change or world war 3 about to break out anytime soon. Its good to be aware but you alone cannot do anything to influence this, so stop worrying about it and start worrying about your own life
I think we should scrap the 5 year course and return to the old method of 3 +3. Unlike Gen X and Gen Y, Gen Z is far too immature to start a 5 year course after high school. Let them do a 3 year course in a college, gain some maturity and then start law school.