Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
You can be happy, but society won’t let you. Everything is couple based, it’s infuriating and difficult to maintain your sanity by staying on the sidelines on this one. Plus everyone makes single people feel like they are very brave by doing so, as if it’s something absurd, especially for women.
Women can happily stay single.

A Vibrating Wand (fun) and a Golden Retriever (love) basically does everything a man can provide.
What will you do with all the wealth you create if you have no one to pass it onto? If you wanna stay single, might as well become a naked sadhu on the ganges cuz single living can be that cheap. Only householder's life has all that attendant drama with it.
Lo, aa gaye humare capitalist bhaisaab. Maaro taali!

Dude, not everything is about money or perpetuation of wealth.
> What will you do with all the wealth you create if you have no one to pass it onto?

A joint of some good stuff and copious amounts of alcohol.
How does thinking of the society affect you? If you are happy being single
Why?

Single women can easily access sex - easier than men. That too quality sex - in a marriage there is an orgasm gap in sex. But single women can choose whom they want. At the same time, single men has a hard time getting sex.

Single women can have thier own designer babies - with the best sperm donor, at very low costs.

Single men has to spend atleast 50 lakhs to get the same via surrogacy.

Single woman can easily date multiple people without getting into trouble. A single man does that he goes to prison for sex under pretext of marriage or some rape case gets filed.

Society - both are equally affected.
I am lucky that i am a women, as i agree w the points above, plan to remain single throughout.

Except occasional worry on rape, acid attack, dowry death or sexual violence/ harassment, domestic violence, i feel lucky to be a women.