Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
If this is the standard of achievements of NLS as an institution, then better we vouch for GLC/CLC while comparing them with IIT/IIM.
lawyers are usually at the forefront of government & politics. unfortunately, the law schools have taken our bright minds away from politics and the public eye.
You will get all the izzat you need if you buy an Audi/Merc/BMW after getting placed at a T1, with your 16 LPA.

If you want to save money, you drive a Wagon-R, buy cheap things, and commute by Mumbai local, kaunich izzat dega re baba?
Almost as much as you, even assuming both the people are the same, which I don't think to be the case here.
You dont get respect because you still hang on to your NLU tags. If after a year or 2 of work, you still need your NLU tag to define you and take you to places then honestly, thats all you have got going in life.
Well, that is by definition, no? I mean, if everyone started opening a Flipkart, Ola or Zomato as some IIT graduates have done - it would by definition have to be average and not incredible.
Its like you wrote the first post and wrote the response.
How jobless are you?
L1 here, will lawyers be out of job by 2040? This comment scared me to the spine.
Menaka and Arundhati got us what! How can you be so clued out of something which is literally the present.
NLSIU grads always seem to talk a big game on LI. Don't ignore that achievement.
Law graduates run cost centre while IIT/IIM graduates run profit centres in companies. No wonder the later's prospects are far better.
Because of the international placements and competitive ness in clearing the exams. Law as a matter of fact is a subject that interests the least.

World is about technology and may very well erase the need of lawyers in the future.
The number of people who have done any 'incredible' thing after graduating from an IIM is less than 3% of the total IIM student population till date.
They can start with by not being so needy and seeking external validation
Yes, because they have done nothing as incredible as people from IIT/IIM.