Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Thinking of applying to Klaw. How much do they pay to associates at A0, A1, A2 and SA levels?How is the firm culture?Wanto genuine replies?
KLaw aren't good paymasters. A0 pay is 4.8LPA so calculate up from that. Round about 5.5-6 for A2s
Atmosphere is very bad. Keep it as your last option and if you are desperate. Way too much screaming and negativity. You will leave within months. Better have a more stable option.
Klaw atmosphere is terrible. Even I have heard that. And pay is peanuts.
I heard about the demotions too! I thought it wasn't true. Also that no one is allowed breaks especially smoke breaks and need to be around where the receptionist can see you. The only job of the receptionist being keeping a track of all who go out and for how long which is submitted to the managing partner by day end and all emails being forwarded to all partners to keep a check on associates work. Sounds pretty insane and insecure to me. Too much infringement in personal space irrespective of the pay. If the pay is as suggested above, I would never wilfully subject myself to such atrocities. I am an A2 level too who just made it to a top tier. Top tier firms are still looking out. I'd suggest you give them a shot first.
How does one smoke within the receptionist view inside Piramal Tower?
If one is within the view of the receptionist within the building, one cannot smoke. So smoke breaks are not allowed. It seems quite clear and also very juvenile that the law firms stoop to such levels with adults.
Is Klaw that bad? Why are they paying peanuts? Do PA's make only a lakh per month in Klaw
Some of the comments about Bombay office being strict are true. Here are some of the myths/exaggerations:

(i) PAs get a paid lot more than 1 lakh (the designation was introduced only in 2021);
(ii) I know of one case of a demotion, I assure you it was truly warranted;
(iii) A2 pay is on the lower side, but not as low as suggested in some of the comments. In any case, if you apply and get through, they will offer you an amount, you can always decide for yourself if it's low or not

Personally think Bangalore is a nice office to work in. It's a small firm, so you will get a bit of the "deep end of the pool" treatment (sink or swim basically). I know someone there who gets paid more than a Tier 1 salary for his/her PQE.

P.S., as objective, neutral and honest I think my comment is, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the most disliked. ;-)

Cheers.