Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Did they get someone good as the VC? That should be the first thing for an NLU. Next step is to get good faculty. Then the infra and everything else. Good law schools can start with basic infra if the first two are in place.
Honestly, noone at RML cares. RML itself is not known for great opportunities/excellence per se, but rather mostly for the exorbitant physical infrastructure it has. UPNLU isn't taking its building away, and there isn't much else that the university offers anyway. It's a set of brilliant students who work hard and manage to independently score some PPOs/fellowships that have begun to create a miniscule name for RML somewhere.

And forgive me for my pessimism, but I don't expect much from this UPNLU for the next 10-15 years because none of the new NLUs which came up post NLUO/DSNLU have shown even any promise.

Remember how MNLU was being hyped so extraordinarily and appears to have performed ridiculously in placements in spite of being in Mumbai?

Any hype for UPNLU at this point is misplaced and entirely unfounded. Give it 7-8 years, see how it grows, and then allow it to be duly considered for its performance.
...RML name should be changed to DDU NLU and then it will make some sense
We know bjps track record in education. They will make a sanghi vc who will teach cattle and vedic laws
You anti-farmer. How dare you speak against farmers and look down on cattle. Kal tak to ulta gyan pel rhe the twitter pe.
Actually, I would rather join one of those underrated NLUs in NE than joining a law school in UP or Bihar or Jharkhand.